• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

147 on Furlough at CAL...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flying WAY too much right now... pushed all legal limits last week but was legal, FUPM. The thanks i get is jobless this fall. And for the usual comments, out of sick call time (legit). Flew every day this run, 28 hours so far, super over staffed.

You can still call in sick without any sick leave accrual. You just won't be paid. Not a big deal except from a financial standpoint.

If you're working that hard you might wind up being fatigued or sick. I would seriously consider those two issues before having the whip cracked on your back too many times.

How about never flying in the right seat of a b757... Have you ever driven in the UK, the 1st time is always fun... I am sure the people in the back would like it..

At AA the POI said that CAs flying in the right seat needs right seat training, therefore it's not done...
At CAL we are the only major that has line CAs flying right seat, just another one of the many safety for sale issues at CAL!

Last edited:
Our union, with the exception of EWR, is used to taking it in the backdoor. At the end of the day, the company always manages to get by on fumes. There is always just enough guys who grab JM chances to prevent the complete meltdown CAL deserves. A pilot group like NW or UAL would of put this airline in dumper many moons ago.

Sorry to hear....... I just know it's strange to see or hear about a two captain cockpit in the 121 world outside of the IOE situation.

Funny how back in 2000-2001 and 2002-late '04 I was hoping I'd get a chance to interview and work at CAL. Living in Jersey I thought it would be great with an easy (sometimes) drive up the GSP. Bid certain months and take other months sitting reserve.
I am now having to much fun where I am and don't plan on leaving until it's time to hang up the spurs. It would have been fun to fly a big piece of iron to some far flung country, but after seeing 34 countries I don't need to see much more.
Sure I fly smaller planes and stay mainly in the USA and North America, but pay and benefits are damn good plus the QOL is great. Besides I have a two-three hour butt anyway.

Good luck you guys at CAL!! Hope it greats better sooner then later.

Latest resources

Back