147 on Furlough at CAL...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ben Franklin

...and they are junior manning for Newark 737 FO's today 7/31 and tomorrow 8/1.

The best part was that I just tried to trip trade for a trip that covers Newark flying. CAL pilots know the ones I'm talking about... The ones that DH from IAH-EWR FLY FLY FLY FLY and then finish with a DH EWR-IAH and I was denied due to coverage... in Newark.... as a Houston pilot.

Best staffed summer in history. BEST airline to work for....
:puke:

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

I was asked to waive my Immovable day off tomorrow. My answer? HELL NO! Oh, and thanks for the furlough letter. Idiots.

Less than a week after receiving my "we're overstaffed and may no longer require your services come 9/23" letter, I've been called 3 times in the last day and a half for junior manning "opportunities." Nothing like the opportunity to help mgt's case that they no longer need me in 2 months, are you F'in kidding me??!!! :angryfire Dignity And Respect My A$$, FUPM!!!

Every other season we furlough at Comair, and the pricks always extend the furlough guy for one more trip, not even JM. F managment

If I'd known then what I know now I would have never applied to this scumbag joke of an airline. Burn the fuker down! I hate this place!

Fuk Larry Kellner! That goofy idiot has run this company into the ground.

Last edited:
The late EDI flight on 8-01... A Res Capt is flying the right seat... No FOs... If I was him I would refuse the trip... Safety...

Don't you guys know how to call in sick?

If your sick don't fly. You are in violation of your self certifying medical certificate.

Flying WAY too much right now... pushed all legal limits last week but was legal, FUPM. The thanks i get is jobless this fall. And for the usual comments, out of sick call time (legit). Flew every day this run, 28 hours so far, super over staffed.

The late EDI flight on 8-01... A Res Capt is flying the right seat... No FOs... If I was him I would refuse the trip... Safety...

What's the union's take on this tactic? Seems like a backdoor move to fill a seat.

What's the union's take on this tactic? Seems like a backdoor move to fill a seat.

Our union, with the exception of EWR, is used to taking it in the backdoor. At the end of the day, the company always manages to get by on fumes. There is always just enough guys who grab JM chances to prevent the complete meltdown CAL deserves. A pilot group like NW or UAL would of put this airline in dumper many moons ago.

Latest resources

Back