Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Yellow Snow

never eat the yellow snow
I currently meet the 135 VFR mins but I am short of the IFR mins. Question is can I still legally file and fly on an IFR flight plan as long as I stay in VFR conditions or do I have to fly on a VFR flight plan while flying for a 135 company with pax. I prefer the security of the IFR system and would rather fly it even in day VFR conditions.

discuss.

must. . . .stay. . . . .VFR. . . .can . . . .use.....flight. . . . .following

iflyabeech is correct

you are mandated by FARs to fly VFR if flying Part 135 leg with pax. On your Part 91 empty return leg, if you are appropiately certificated (Instrument Rating) then you may file and fly IFR. However, you also must check with your Ops Specs and SOPs and make sure you are not violating company policy. If you have any doubts about what we are saying, you need to consult with your CP.

iflyabeech said:
must. . . .stay. . . . .VFR. . . .can . . . .use.....flight. . . . .following

I understand I must stay VFR. I also understand I can use flight following. My question is can I legally file and fly an IFR flight plan if I stay in VFR conditions.

no. . . .cannot. . . file.. . . .IFR. . . .

Thanks for the answers just needed a clarification.

If you're VFR then by definition you cannot be IFR. You may be in VMC while operating i.a.w. IFR but that's not the same as operating i.a.w. VFR.

Note the difference between 'VFR' & 'VMC'. The two are not the same (although VFR requires VMC).

Latest resources

Back