135 Ops Manual or Training Manual?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flightist

Anyone know of a FSDO or other source online where I might find a sample Ops or training manual? Or lacking that I'd appreciate any advice on things I might study up on before I start an initial 135 ground school coming up soon. Besides the obvious Part 135 regs. I just finished my ATP so I'm fairly current on the regs.

Thanks Much!

You might contact the company you are going to work for.

Don't worry too much about it, most 135 companies don't follow the regs anyways (the pilots always try, and the management types always try to act like the "regs" don't apply to them. They always seem to think they have some double secret agreement with their POI that allows them to do anything they want. Beware, they don't have such an agreement. They just like to tell their pilots that)

I would be suprised if the managers at most 135 operators could even spell operations manual.

Good Luck

Bill, sounds like you have an issue with someone. Most of the 135 operators I have dealt with try very hard to follow the FARs. Sometimes it can be difficult when you have competitors doing charters without benefit of a 135 certificate. Or having a POI that writes his own regulations that only seem to apply to your operations.

Yes, there are operators out there that don't follow the regs. Most of them don't stay in business very long. But also keep in mind that there are several other factors that control. First of all, an operator's manual is their copy of the FARs. There are also waivers and deviations. Further more there are letters of Intrepertation from FAA Legal. Plus other guidance issued from Washington. All these have effects of the operator's certificate.

Then add the regs that contradict each other.

It makes for a confusing mess.

Flight, try the website for the Atlanta FSDO. They have a section for people trying to setup a 135 operation with samples.

135 Operators

The 135 operators I have worked for generally try to be right. Most POI's are trying to fill in the blanks on their work sheets. They all know their retirement dates. To change the system, set the example. If it doesn't work, move on to bigger and faster planes which just get us further away from home. aptobright

UOTE=Rick1128]Bill, sounds like you have an issue with someone. Most of the 135 operators I have dealt with try very hard to follow the FARs. Sometimes it can be difficult when you have competitors doing charters without benefit of a 135 certificate. Or having a POI that writes his own regulations that only seem to apply to your operations.

Yes, there are operators out there that don't follow the regs. Most of them don't stay in business very long. But also keep in mind that there are several other factors that control. First of all, an operator's manual is their copy of the FARs. There are also waivers and deviations. Further more there are letters of Intrepertation from FAA Legal. Plus other guidance issued from Washington. All these have effects of the operator's certificate.

Then add the regs that contradict each other.

It makes for a confusing mess.

Flight, try the website for the Atlanta FSDO. They have a section for people trying to setup a 135 operation with samples.[/QUOTE]

Latest resources

Back