• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

135 in Arizona?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With your time, you could try Air Grand Canyon, or Grand Canyon Airlines. Both of these fly tours over the Canyon in addition to other flights. Vision Airlines is also Part 135 and they fly the Dornier 228 and 328. From what I have heard, there groundschool for the end of the month is full already. They have one of the fastest upgrades in the industry, but the initial pay stinks. You make $600 a month for the first few months and that is having to live in Las Vegas. If you have 50 hours of multi, you could try Scenic Airlines. They look like a good company, and they are part 121.

I have been sending my resume into Vision every week for the lasy 8.
Never heard anything, but I keep sending it in. Anyone one else know what it takes to get a phone call?
I talked to Mary in HR, but she was brief, and didnt know how many pilots they were hiring.

As for Scenic, they are dead set on 600/50. I Heard that if you send it in without the min times, they "blacklist" you

Last edited:
I dont know for sure if scenic will blacklist you but I know their mins are around 600 tt and definitly 50 multi time, how much time do you have dx rick?

560/70
Some CFI's that come through the FBO's say that they had heard about guys getting told they we're black listed because they applied with lower than required time.
It could be all rumors, but still something I wouldnt wanna expierence.

DX Rick said:
560/70
Some CFI's that come through the FBO's say that they had heard about guys getting told they we're black listed because they applied with lower than required time.
It could be all rumors, but still something I wouldnt wanna expierence.

They must have heard wrong or where pulling your leg. The FBO is owned by Grand Canyon Airlines, and is on a separate part of the field from Scenic. Scenic will want the total time and would strongly prefer the 50 multi. I have talked with some of the pilots there and they have said that you might be able to get by with less multi if you have Canyon experience. They are not the type of company that will blacklist.

There is a new outfit in Havasu geting started, Tam-aero, Bob, there chief pilot is pretty cool. Give him a call, 928-764-1988

Hadhafang said:
They must have heard wrong or where pulling your leg. The FBO is owned by Grand Canyon Airlines, and is on a separate part of the field from Scenic. Scenic will want the total time and would strongly prefer the 50 multi. I have talked with some of the pilots there and they have said that you might be able to get by with less multi if you have Canyon experience. They are not the type of company that will blacklist.

Ok, sorry. I ment the FBO I work for part time in Lake Havasu.
The CFI's that come through are from the PHX area.
Whats considered Canyon time?
Right now I am flying a C-182 and SA-226

Canyon time is flying over the Grand Canyon in the SFAR. Only the air tour operators can fly at the lower altitudes over the Canyon. It is really a good experience if you get the chance.

Latest resources

Back