Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DGdaPilot

Parrot Head Pilot
I may have an interview coming up with a Pt. 91/135 outfit. I think it's all Pt. 91 flying for the position I'm going for. But, part time I would also be in the King Airs flying 91 or 135.

Anyway, I have NO previous 135 experience. What are some regs that I should be making myself familiar with for an interview such as this??

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about knowing all the 135 regs walking into the interview, they will have an approved training program, operation specifications, etc, so everything will be covered during your training.

However - the basics would include - IFR takeoff minimums, approach minimums, when an alternate is required. Oxygen requirements, briefing of passengers, inoperative equipment, and 'operational control'.

That's only a start, I'm sure others will chime in, with specific 135 turbine aircraft passenger regs that I'm not familiar with.

Congrats on the interview by the way, hope it works out for you.

NoPax said:
Congrats on the interview by the way, hope it works out for you.

Thank you. I hope it works out because this is my DREAM JOB. I'd be incredibley fortunate to get it.

I'm gonna go daydream some more......

Well, if you're going to be a 135 pilot, I'd suggest you actually read Part 135 start to finish. A few times.

How better to familiarize yourself with the regs under which you will be operating?

There are numerous significant differences between a Part 91 and Pat 135 oepration. Even if you get hired, I wouldn't count on the company's indoc program to get you up-to-speed on all the 135 nuances.

For interviews that we conduct you would need to know:

O2 both 135 and 91
Info on ice=climb or decend, what to do if it gets to bad
Info on T-Storms=how far to stay away
Info on airspace
Brief an approach
Some emergency questions on the aircraft that you are currently flying
Look over your logbooks and verify things such as XC time and so on
Info on any accidents of incidents you might have
What does blue line and the barber pool on the ASI mean? Other questions
like that
Then personality questions.

If you would stumble badly on a question we would ask that would open the door for us to dig deeper into that subject to find out if you actually know anything about it.

There are millions of questions a person could ask. The topics listed above are just our core/routine questions.

Good Luck!

Maybe go in early before the interview and poke around. Show interest. Get to know people a few days before hand. Flip through the ops specs. Be eager to learn, that's what they look for.

Latest resources

Back