Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SDCFI

Registered Offender
Has anyone elso noticed that 135.89 paragraphs (2), (3), and (4) refer to altitudes of 25,000 and 35,000 feet as MSL? Part 91.211 correctly states these altitudes as Flight Levels. I checked both the FAA.gov eCFR page and the current ASA FAR/AIM and they both say the same thing. Whose job is it to proofread the regs before they are published?

Yeah, I've noted this too. So if you're flying at FL350, I guess you have to get the local altimeter setting to determine whether or not you are above 35,000' MSL, and therefore required to have one crewmember pretend to er... aah...I mean really wear an O2 mask. But seriously, this is just one more example of convoluted and inconsistent rules language which should be fixed, if for no other reason than to avoid the appearance of sloppy work.

Best,

Stupid question, but under part 135 if in a unpressurised airplane, do the PAX still only fall under the part 91 regs? The 135 reg only refers to the pilots.

135.157 answers my question, we never get high enough for it to be a problem for us.

Latest resources

Back