• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Retire when you want. It's all a matter of when you have the financial ability to do so. Or keep flying if that's what you want. It's all about the pilot making their own decision, not others.

You didn't have to "interview" for the job. You were guaranteed it, just not the seniority. It was written like that because you, and pilots like you, claimed that's all you wanted. You wanted *discrimination* to end. Lord help us if we ever are actually discriminated against after this debacle. APAAD got the rule they wanted and <100 of you clowns went back. What's that say about airline pilots*

*And that's the thing UF: The entire change was an uncomfortable mess that wreaked injustices on all sides. Everybody was as right as they were wrong and the majority should have held. But you got your way... You had a golden opportunity to almost single handedly redeem the effort, and you shrank from it.

And yes, I did enjoy those extra 5-years of retirement. I took my 20-year old son on a 45-day driving/camping trip across the country. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. If I had to work to 65, that trip wouldn't have happened.

Same amount of $ you lost, plus that same trip with their own kid, is what you (each of you who pushed for this) cost hundreds and hundreds of airline pilots. And sadly, as we see evidenced in your own actions, it was only a seniority grab

Last edited:
You didn't have to "interview" for the job. You were guaranteed it, just not the seniority. It was written like that because you, and pilots like you, claimed that's all you wanted. You wanted *discrimination* to end. Lord help us if we ever are actually discriminated against after this debacle. APAAD got the rule they wanted and <100 of you clowns went back. What's that say about airline pilots*

*And that's the thing UF: The entire change was an uncomfortable mess that wreaked injustices on all sides. Everybody was as right as they were wrong and the majority should have held. But you got your way... You had a golden opportunity to almost single handedly redeem the effort, and you shrank from it.

Flopgut: You really don't make any sense in any of your comments. After I had "retired," why would I want to come back 11-months later when I had a new flying job that I liked and I had been appointed Chairman of the Board at an airport near me. Didn't you read what I wrote.

And, the fact is everyone is better off with the age-65 rule and everybody knows it.

I keep waiting for a "Thank You" from you as I am sure you will be flying to age-65 and happy to do so.

Flopgut: The question is this: At what age will you retire from Part 121 airline flying, or are you already "retired."

Al,

It's a minor point of pride for me that none of my students ever paid you a dime as an examiner.

Last edited:
Flopgut: The question is this: At what age will you retire from Part 121 airline flying, or are you already "retired."

An irrelevant question, since you've forced him to work past age 60 if he wants to make the same amount of money that he would have made before you selfish pricks pushed through Age 65.

Hmmm. Really? That's the question? We're just going to fast forward off the subject of what a pig you've been? You think your own hubris should be excused? Whatever. I will be done with 121 appropriate to my feelings expressed on here. I will always work, and it might be flying (as long as I can). We've always had that option, as you found out yourself.

That you didn't go back and fly at UAL, accept the furlough AND even go to Skywest and fly to 65, is inexcusable human behavior. You sank to attaching your argument to basic discrimination, it worked (you got your way) then you didn't fly??!! There were more FAs that came back and flew who had been fired for getting married (all those years ago) than guys like you! To me that's unbelievable.

So the market came up and helped you. And you found a flying job and an airport job. Both good. I'm glad those things worked out for you. But do you not see that those sorts of things were always available/possible? That's what you, me and every other 121 retiree was suppose to do. I've always understood that. I think you have too. But you were going for the seniority grab.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back