• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why should I have to go 5 more years to draw full retirement so some Fedex ex-mil ****************************** can pay his alimony(ies) and his gigantic Germantown house and harleys and show plane at OLV? Seriously, go five years, retire and die? No thanks, let this be a lesson if you get to that payscale to NOT live paycheck to paycheck at 200k/year...embarassing for those who do that. I'm assuming they went to the MC Hammer School of Finance and Money Management. Enjoy your five extra years grandpa, remember to get that prostrate exam.

They overall attitude of the old guys is: Loose your house, savings, security. We don't care. We're the baby-boom generation. We've always gotten ours and that ain't about to change. Suck it up kid (even though most of these "kids" are in their 30s and 40s).

Well, that's just it, their financial situation is far more important than your unemployment situation. Not all, but most guys I flew with at the end were pretty clueless about being furloughed. One guy even said, "great! now you can have time off to do what you really want!" I politely told him I would rather stay here gainfully employed.

That being said, what's done is done. We need to be vigilant of Age 70. These same guys aren't going to want to retire in 1211 days period. We're gonna hear the same excuses about pensions, age discrimination, 401k, I love flying etc.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back