• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1224 statement on picking up open time.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Laser, you are pissing in the wind, my friend. ABX is done. The union leadership at the time would not even talk about the option of no OPF. I spent 2 1/2 years on furlough and there were only 45 or so of us out. There were FO's flying 10-12 days of OPF. This was with almost 100 of our airplanes flying. Now theres a couple hundy of us out...you think there going to move on this?

Regardless of the outcome, I love the fact that someone is talking about it.

I am beginning to think that both sides (mgmt and 1224) are hoping that the whole severance thing just goes away.

A true shame...

Regardless of the outcome, I love the fact that someone is talking about it.

I am beginning to think that both sides (mgmt and 1224) are hoping that the whole severance thing just goes away.

A true shame...
ABXBooger.

Thanks.

Sadly, they're not the only union group to do this over and over.

Just listened to JM's hotline. A notable difference in wording, it is no longer the "severance issue", but rather it is now the "pension and severance issue".

Just listened to JM's hotline. A notable difference in wording, it is no longer the "severance issue", but rather it is now the "pension and severance issue".
That doesn't sound good. In a previous message, they said they would put whatever they come up with to a vote. They said all furloughed would get to vote. That's the only hope against a complete screw job here.

That doesn't sound good. In a previous message, they said they would put whatever they come up with to a vote. They said all furloughed would get to vote. That's the only hope against a complete screw job here.

Laser, just give it a little time 1224 is working every angle right now. Be patient good things come to those who wait!

Laser, just give it a little time 1224 is working every angle right now. Be patient good things come to those who wait!
Would you like to elaborate?

nitecat

What angles would that be? What about the end
around play with DHL? Is that even possible?
I am not even sure what the union's proposal
is at this point. What changes have there been
in the unions severance proposal since Dec Jan
time frame if any. What if they never reach an
agreement, DHL keeps the 75 mil. I have found
out the severance money, if paid, will not have
any unemployment paid so far deducted, due to
a timeliness clause in the unemployment rules
concerning severance.

I have found
out the severance money, if paid, will not have
any unemployment paid so far deducted, due to
a timeliness clause in the unemployment rules
concerning severance.

My unemployment claims have been denied until late April, apparently because of the "furlough allowance" that we received. Haven't been able to get any information about whether or how to appeal this. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Latest resources

Back