Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
405 posted this on 2-1-07...

Don't apply here.

I'm not even a pilot. I'm just a lowly flight dispatcher. This place is Hell on Earth. Management could care less about any of the People. Go somewhere else.

So why do you stay?

Posted in 2004

Check into ATC too. That's my advice. I was military ATC and got out too late to go with the Feds. I could kick myself in the a** for not getting out before I did.

Most of your posts are in the evening and you were in the military---my guess your name is Jay!!

You were a good dispatcher and it did not suck working with you even though your temper could flare quickly.

Jay,

You are a very smart person and your passion was being a controller. Do what it takes to get back to being one. Otherwise, you will regret not following your dreams and become more resentful.

Jay,

You are a very smart person and your passion was being a controller. Do what it takes to get back to being one. Otherwise, you will regret not following your dreams and become more resentful.

I'm too old to be a controller. Cut-off age is 31. I'm past that.

I stick around here because it's like a bad reality show and I just can't stop watching. I can't wait to see what happens next. Plus I'm kind of high up on the seniority list so I can bid whatever schedule I want. The money's not too bad either for me even though a raise sure would be nice. I do get sick and tired of daily management bullsh*t but in the end, I actually do like the job so here I am. This place has the potential to be a really good place to work but unfortunately management will never let that happen. My statement you quoted about staying away from here still stands. Things are about to change around here though.

I don't know who you are and it doesn't matter. I took offense at your labeling the group "a bunch of self absorbed drunks". There's a few of them here just like at any other office in this country.

Good luck to you, taysha.

405 out

Last edited:
Check into ATC too. That's my advice. I was military ATC and got out too late to go with the Feds. I could kick myself in the a** for not getting out before I did.....

I always like your humor even though you got pretty mad sometimes.

I unerstand you want to stay since you family, house, adn pool are in MEM...and of course your love and devotion to Pinnacle.

Good Luck

...and of course your love and devotion to Pinnacle.

That's funny. Love and devotion to Pinnacle.

Not so much.

It's more like get to work, do my job the best I can with the rusty, broken tools I have and get the hell out uninjured.

I read about you all talking about being controllers. If you have your CTO and feel you are too old to get picked up by the feds...we may have some tower openings here at ABX soon. But again, you need your CTO then get the qual for our tower after hired. Maybe 2 openings soon.

I read about you all talking about being controllers. If you have your CTO and feel you are too old to get picked up by the feds...we may have some tower openings here at ABX soon. But again, you need your CTO then get the qual for our tower after hired. Maybe 2 openings soon.

Never got my CTO. I was always stuck in a radar room so that blows the whole contract tower thing out of the water as well.

I don't get mad anymore. I laugh. It's all one big effing sick joke.

I laugh when I hear dispatchers ask a crew that's on a plane doing a gate return with a deferred APU 'why it's so hot' on the plane. I laugh when I hear other people get in an argument with captains that want more fuel. Just give it to them already. I laugh at the poor bastards like myself with flights out of CRJ performance restricted crap airports like HPN (I love you Rachel), HLN, CPR, DCA or any other city where they sent that one piece of shat flying toilet paper tube with a deferred APR and "top off the wing tanks" MEL to.

Hey Maintenance! Don't fix it. Just defer it! (No cut on you guys.) Maintenance can't fix the planes because the company is too gd'ed cheap to order parts.

I bumped 8 revenue pax of a plane Friday for a maintenance issue and psychotically laughed all the way to my smoke break outside. I feel good about my job too. I deal with what they (clueless money grubbing bastards) give me to work with.

Let's talk about deferred APU's and hot airplanes. That's my latest argument.

I don't have a pool anymore, by the way.

Last edited:
I don't get mad anymore. I laugh. It's all one big effing sick joke.

I laugh when I hear dispatchers ask a crew that's on a plane doing a gate return with a deferred APU 'why it's so hot' on the plane. I laugh when I hear other people get in an argument with captains that want more fuel. Just give it to them already. I laugh at the poor bastards like myself with flights out of CRJ performance restricted crap airports like HPN (I love you Rachel), HLN, CPR, DCA or any other city where they sent that one piece of shat flying toilet paper tube with a deferred APR and "top off the wing tanks" MEL to.

Hey Maintenance! Don't fix it. Just defer it! (No cut on you guys.) Maintenance can't fix the planes because the company is too gd'ed cheap to order parts.

I bumped 8 revenue pax of a plane Friday for a maintenance issue and psychotically laughed all the way to my smoke break outside. I feel good about my job too. I deal with what they (clueless money grubbing bastards) give me to work with.

Let's talk about deferred APU's and hot airplanes. That's my latest argument.

I don't have a pool anymore, by the way.

I only missed the Powerball jackpot last night by five numbers.

Latest resources

Back