Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LiveFreeorDie

Large Member
Hello, My Name is LFD, and I am an alcoholic...uh...sorry...wrong speech. Where was I?

Oh yeah Hi, I am in the 12 April Class and thought it was strange no one is posting here with the big day less than a week away.

So I figured I would start a thread to start us off right.

Anyone heard when our get together is on Sunday? My wife and I are commin' in on SWA Flight 580 from Oklahoma City at 5:50 pm. I talked to Melinda today and she wasn't sure of the times yet.

What are y'all doin' to prep? I'm memorizing the Boxed items and the Memory stuff, but figured I'd skip the flows till I had something better than a poster to look at. Not botherin with systems at all. My type classes were over two years ago.

Finally, where are y'all from and what were you in your past lives? (No Shirley McLain wisecracks!) I grew up in New Hampshire and was in the AF till '02, I have been teaching sims in Altus, OK for last couple of years. My wife is from Buck's county PA and is a physical therapist and we have three kids. I am only 33 so I am betting I will be pretty junior in the class.

Till then.

Cheers,
LFD

Hmm...

LFOD, I'm not in the April 12 class (should be in there by May or June), but was interested in the fact that you've been living in OK and have a wife from PA. I'm from OK and have a wife from PA. Great minds must think alike. By the way, I've been to Altus a couple o' three times in my years in Oklahoma.

Where's Bucks County? My wife is from Fayette County (near Uniontown).

Bucks county is near Philly. I am not sure where either of those places are, she moved to NH in highschool!

(Too bad about OSU I thought they were going all the way. But final four ain't bad. )

LFOD, I don't think you need to worry about carrying the baby rattle around...I'm 31 and have heard that I will probably be the rookie.

I don't think the party starts until 1900-1930 so your wife will get in with plenty of time to spare. How are you picking her up? Let me know if I can help.

As far as studying...um, uh...what? No, I have been doing the same as you. Limitations and memory items and have started reading the exerpts from the FOM and FRM (extremely dry)on the CD ROM included in the package.

Now, for all you Yankees coming into Texas (here in Texas we consider anyone from North of the Red River a Yankee so LFOD-unfortunately that includes Oklahoma). Beef is a staple and you must have it with every meal. A pickup is just that...a pickup. Not a truck. Never wear your hat or cap indoors or when you are in the presence of a lady. It is ILLEGAL in the State of Texas to wear boots with shorts (unless you are under the age of two). And last but not least, don't worry about the smell...
manure = money. Just a few things to get you started and acustomed to things around here (the last one doesn't really apply to Dallas) so your stay will be a pleasant one.

Congrats to the 2004-05 class! I can't wait to meet ya'll and if there is anything I can do to help while you are here, let me know.

Last edited:
Lonestar,

I hear you are planning a party for your classmates sometime after class starts. Let us know, we will try and make it. BTW, a pilgramige to the Cockpit is a must. JP must have dropped the ball, I don't think his class has made it there yet. Call me later and let me know about your party plans.

roughneck

I'm thinking that Saturday, May 1st will be the best time for it and yes...this class will definitely be introduced to the Cockpit. I'll let ya'll know.

JP is kind of a weanie.

Are y'all talking about the official meeting place of the O.B.P.B.S.A?

Ill be there!

Hey Lonestar, can I get a...

"WHAT DO YA SAY DIRTY STEVE ?!?!?!?"

Last edited:
Party Time!

Party starts at 7:00 PM sharp....4th floor. There will be party info sheet at the front desk when you check-in.

Hey Lone Star

Thanx for offering help with the airport, but I'll be on SWA flt 580 also, so I figure we'll both just have to call the hotel. Hopefully we won't be much later than 7.

Did I mention I was from SOUTHERN New Hampshire. HA!

My wife and I can actually two step. (Lived in Texas for a couple of years.) In fact, I have spent atleast a decade south of the Mason-Dixon line. Once when my wife and I were back in New Hampshire the DJ at a New Years Eve party started to play the Cotton-Eyed Joe. So my wife and I start dancing through the crowd of dumb-founded party goers, stomping and kicking away. It was hillarious the looks we got from people. We would have blended in better performing an Irish jig from Riverdance or something.

I like your instructions for Yankees:
"Beef is a staple and you must have it with every meal. A pickup is just that...a pickup. Not a truck. Never wear your hat or cap indoors or when you are in the presence of a lady. It is ILLEGAL in the State of Texas to wear boots with shorts (unless you are under the age of two). And last but not least, don't worry about the smell..."

My two oldest boys actually did wear cowboy hats and boots with shorts till they were 5 or 6.

In short ( no boots ) we'll be seeing you in Dallas and the first round's on me when I see you Lonestar.

Latest resources

Back