• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

111 AA pilots retired on 9-1-11!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've flown with dozens if not hundreds of senior Eagle captains. While some may be goofballs most are cool and I can only think of 3 or 4 who are bad pilots.

AA is lucky to have them IMO.

Snaab--The deal for Eagle guys is 35 pct. of each newhire class (REAL newhires, not recallees as dip$hit Niccolau determined...) unless Eagle is furloughing then it goes to 50 pct.

Just heard tonight from the STL recall guru that, due to the large number of retirements in Sep., only 25 recallees a month. The schoolhouse will be full of the 4 training events per 777 CA retirement. October could see MORE retirements. AA is kind of hosed. Maybe REALLY hosed.

The recall acceptance rate is at 14.6 pct. Yes, our guru has it down to the gnat's a$$.

Keep the questions coming.

TC

Thanks for the info!

lets go, I get my paycheck from the same place you do AA717, well not really since you were twa. alot of the twa folks couldn't pass eagle training, so go ahead and brush up on your flying since you, can tell me what i need

nothing to see here ... pass along

"A lot" of the TWA people didn't pass the chicken $h!t checkride antics that hadn't been seen since they were out at the little airport getting rides from the bitter old guy who couldn't get any other job. You know, we DO talk to each other. It's no secret what some of the Eagle Check guys did.

This is a road you don't want to travel.

TC

Last edited:
Don't count your chickens just yet. Had an AA jumpseater who said the biggest reason for the evacuation may be impending bankruptcy.

AA may be the next dinosaur to go extinct.

I'd figure that possibility in while salivating over AA retirements and how long you'll be #1 on a non-existent seniority list.

What's the matter? Won't the SWA/AT guys let you play in their yard anymore?

TC

looks like you've been kicked to the curbs a few times.

A/C Flown: ATR-72, CRJ-700, EMB-145, 767, 757, MD80, 727, SF-340, BE-02
Ratings: ATR, CL-65, EMB-145, 757, 767, BE-02

nothing to see .... move along

Wow, you're wasting your talents here, sf. You should be over on the SWA/AT threads or at least ghostwriting for Tanker Clown.

Besides, 5 of his 6 types can be accounted for by TWA and as a flowback at Eagle. Not exactly a vagabond.

I guess I'll refine my earlier statement: Keep the legitimate questions about AA coming.

TC

Last edited:
Had an AA jumpseater who said the biggest reason for the evacuation may be impending bankruptcy.

It need not be "impending" to trigger precautionary retirements -- when lump sums are at stake, even a good possibility of BK will suffice. The big stampede at DAL took place two years before the actual filing.

Think about this: For each senior person that retires a newibie will come in at lower pay. Maybe this is AA's plan, get senior folks to retire so they don't have to pay them + plus a pension and save money off having more junior people work. Those junior folks will cost more over time, but it's that intial cost savings the company could be looking at.

Think about this: For each senior person that retires a newibie will come in at lower pay. Maybe this is AA's plan, get senior folks to retire so they don't have to pay them + plus a pension and save money off having more junior people work. Those junior folks will cost more over time, but it's that intial cost savings the company could be looking at.

... until you factor in the cost of a minimum of four training events.

A crazy stock market and a floundering economy probably have more to do with the retirements. If someone thinks due to the financials it's too scarey to come work with us at AA, fine with me. As for me, I wish I were ten years younger attending class in DFW now. Could be a really good deal.

Latest resources

Back