• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

106th Rescue Wing (NYANG) Pilot Slots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guard/reserves slammed the door on the non air force training deal a while back ago. You will have to go back to flight school for a portion of your training. That being said, all the unit has to do is get you a slot...not a biggie in most cases. This is for the C-130 part, to fly USAF helo's I have no idea of what their training requirements are.

Try googling: ny air national guard. It will take you to their web site (106th)

Good Luck

If you got a helo slot, you'd go to the six week course in NJ to learn the H-60. I beliebe it's an Army school.

For Hercs, theycould make you go do the F/W conversion in T-1s, then Little Rock for 130 training.

I am not int he 106th and don't know their policies; as a former USMC helo bubba, I got an ANG F/W slot w/o the T-1 conversion because the Navy does the aerobatic and formaton stuff

We've hired a Marine Helo pilot who didn't have to go to AF UPT because he did fixed wing training at Navy UPT. Same with a Coast Guard helo guy we hired. We hired an Army guy who had to go through all of UPT since he'd had no fixed wing UPT.

Hey guys thanks for all the advice...please keep it coming! I called the 106th's recruiting phone number and talked to a MSgt that said they will not be hiring any pilots for another 6 months on both the C-130 & HH-60 sides of the house. I'll keep my iron in the fire and see what happens down the road this coming spring of `08.

Fly Safe,

Matt

Fly Army 11. PM me for HH60G NYANG contact info. Opstempo has been high...if you join the helo side, plan on many deployments...

106th hiring

The hiring at the 106th for pilots is NOT done by the recruiter. You have to make contact with the OPS guys and then "pledge" your way in. I suggest you talk to both the Squadron commanders or DO's on the phone, go visit on a weekday they are there and show some interest.
Hiring at Gabreski is sporadic and when they find a good candidate, they make things happen. Right now, there are many former Army guys on the helicopter side (one that flew C-12's on AD) while the 130 side has everything from former phrog drivers to jet jockeys. I recommend you call LtCol Weinberger at 631 723 7404 and LtCol Nolan at 631 723 7362. They are the DO's and know what is going on.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back