• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atpcliff

Hi!

953.7 PIC Jet MEL, but who's counting?

cliff
YIP

The mins are now 1300 turbine pic for Southwest if you didn't know.

Hi!

As for SWA, I'm not too excited about PFT. I turned down Comair in 1992-93 when they asked me to PFT.

Here are my current preferences (they change, depending...)
1-Gulfstream
2-FedEx (not hiring NOW, & I don't meet the mins YET...things will change soon)
3- UPS (not hiring NOW, & I don't meet the mins YET...things will change soon)
4- NetJets
5-Delta
6-Continental
7-AirTran
8-Alaska (I won't meet the mins for about 250 hours)
9-Frontier
10-Midwest
11-Spirit
12-ACMI Carriers (World, Gemini, Polar, etc.)
13-Cathay Pacific
14-Japan Contract
Notes:
-Kohler/NWA/UAL/AA are not on the list because they're not hiring, and they won't be soon (+ I don't meet the mins for Kohler).
-The snowstorm debacle was the last straw for JetBlue: I took them off the list.
-I would have to commute for Allegiant, which I heard doesn't work too well.
-The other fracs are non-starters for me because of the commuting situation.

Last edited:
WOOHOO!

From someone who enjoyed your first Avatar of quite possibly the hottest women alive in her age category and has read many of your posts, congratulations on your upcoming milestone! That's one of the most important ones.

Southwest is a great company and they have hired many pilots without the type (although you still have to get it later). Don't like the PFT idea either but everyone's different.

I'm surprised to see Cathay, Jalways, and others so far down the list. Do you have kids? If not, I'd seriously bump them up into slots just under CAL/DAL/AirTran, the guys I know there LOVE it.

NJA is a good company, but I don't know if I'd put it that high either, just because of their schedules.

I've consistently made within $1,000 a month of my buddy at NJA who started a month before I did and he's on the reserve schedule while I sit on 15-18 days off a month with commutable trips here at AAI.

He'll make about $2,000 a month more than me next year, $2,500 the next, and we both upgrade about the same time. Yes, that means he'll make more than me over our career, but it's less than $500,000, I don't have to move ANYWHERE, and I'll have more days off and more schedule flexibility than he will ever see and that's REALLY important to me with kids.

They're a great place however, seem to be almost bulletproof (and furlough-proof, if there IS such an animal), and take good care of their employees.

Just a few thoughts.

Congrats! Need to buy you some frosty beverages when you hit that number!

Only 993.0 TPIC left to go for FedEx!!! Yaaaaay!

guys, I dont want to burst your bubble, but...

when you get your 1000th hour of turbine PIC, there will be no fire trucks shooting water cannons over your plane as you taxi in. the reality is that you just joined the club with about 10000 other pilots. there are people out there with 3000 and 4000 hours of turbine pic still waiting for FEDEX to call.

hopefully you all have the right hook ups with these companies.

Hi!

WTF, OVER!!!

No Fire Trucks, with BIG Water Cannons, and Chicks dumping champagne on me????

My buddies assured me it would happen, and UPS/Fedex would call the same day with choices of classdates/planes and bases! I can't believe they lied to me like that!

I am actually pretty excited. It took me 31 years from my first flight lesson to get my 1000 PIC Jet. At my airline, they will finally let me go to the "big" plane, where I get 2+ more days off/month, which will make my wife very happy. I will also feel OK about leaving for a better job, because I have at least some job insurance. I do some guys at Fedex who may be able to help me. We'll see what happens. The good part is, I like the job I'm doing now. Of my 3 flying jobs, it's been the best one by far.

CU!

cliff
YIP

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back