1000 hr turbine mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SE PIC

I'll throw my $0.02 in. I applied to every Major I was eligible for and the only PIC time I had was in the F-16. That was clearly noted on my applications. I ended up getting three interview offers and took the job at the first one. There wasn't a single application for a Major that restricted my PIC time because it was in an F-16. That would basically make an Eagle dude eligible and not me. Any Eagle dude will tell you that that would be silly.

I think at the time Fed Ex and Alaska did have something that said Multi engine turbine or single engine jet PIC. In other words it gave a viper clause. I don't think the others did.

Does anybody know which airlines count helo time and which ones don't - and why those such as Southwest specifically exclude helo time? It is extremely frustrating that a single engine T-34C bubba can get hired with 1500 hours while 4300 hours of combined TH-57 PIC time and glass cockpit RJ F.O. time does not even meet mins.... Instrument training in the TH-57 (conducted at the same base as the T-34C's) includes VORs, Tacans, NDBs, GPS's, and ILS's (the T-34C does not have an ADF, an ILS, or a certified GPS). Sorry to rant - just a frustrated helo trash rotorhead.

I think they exclude helo time because they have met some helocopter pilots before and they do not want to share the cockpit with a rotorhead

wow

10,000 hrs. You must have flown the heck out of the Raptor in testing.
I'll bet you're the high time Mil pilot.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back