1000 hour jobs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
100 too much?

100 is not bad, 150 is too much and in may i had 158. I am also at 1000 i got it yesterday and i have 650 multi with 600 tubine. With that i wonder what my options are. I only have 360 hours of pic. Thanks,

shortbus

try flight express or the previously mentioned companies. with 1100 total FLX will put you on a VFR run until you hit 1200. good company, pay isn't bad, but the twin upgrade can take a while. i enjoyed my year+ there.

frog_flyer said:
Are check haulers losing any business?

I have a friend whose bank scans their checks and puts them on-line. I'm sure that would negate the need to transport them around.

Are we going to see check hauling contracts dwindle down as this technology becomes more widespread?

What I was told is that when a bank cashes a check, or credits it to an account holder the bank doesn't get paid on the check until it makes its way to the federal reserve. Mean time, the bank is borrowing the money at the current federal reserve interest rate. Something to that effect. Not a bank to know for sure. I'll have to ask my buddy to make sure I've got all the details.

yzf6 said:
try flight express or the previously mentioned companies. with 1100 total FLX will put you on a VFR run until you hit 1200. good company, pay isn't bad, but the twin upgrade can take a while. i enjoyed my year+ there.

as far as I know, but it's from 2001, they quit doing the vfr only stuff.
but this is aviation, everything changes everyday.
but it is good learning experience., and you should fly your butt off depending the run of course.

shortbus driver said:
100 is not bad, 150 is too much and in may i had 158. I am also at 1000 i got it yesterday and i have 650 multi with 600 tubine. With that i wonder what my options are. I only have 360 hours of pic. Thanks,

shortbus

Shortbus, why in God's name would you consent to fly 158 hours in one month!?!? In my experience, after 100hrs, you are literally "meat in da seat"... i.e.; too tired to be anything but a burden on a PIC.

I understand your desire to move up in the profession, but do everyone around you a favor and take some time off!!!

thats so true

I am trying to build time, and I don't get to choose the days off. I get about 8 a month like any other 40 hour a week job. We do fly 40 hours a week, but we work probably 60. Sometimes more... When it comes to a burden to the PIC...not true. They fly about the same as me. Sometimes I have them as a burden... I am just looking for a job where I will not be fatigued all the time. i want at least 12 days off a month, and I am more than ok with 120 hours a month, but 158 is too much.

Latest resources

Back