Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jlloyd1010

One of those Charter Guys
I am currently flight instructing and flying Part 91 for an a/c owner. I have about 1,060 hrs. The flying has become almost stagnant. Maybe flying 2-5 hours a week now. How the hell can I get out of this rut? Are there any jobs out there that hire at 1000 total time? I have about 50 hrs. multi. I have been sending my resume all over with no luck.

Great Lakes only requires 50 hours of multi - Airnet I think also hires at 1000 hrs. Colgan too might give you a shot.

Try Airnet or Air Cargo Carriers. Do a search for either one and you will find all you need to know.

Get 200 more and you're good for 135 IFR PIC with tons of mail and check carriers.

airnet as well as the many part 135 check carriers require 1200 total.
it's good experience such as what not to do when you get a real job :laugh:

Airnet requires ~800 to interview and ~1000 to go to training.

CrewDawg said:
Airnet requires ~800 to interview and ~1000 to go to training.

perhaps, but you can't act as pic unless you have 1200 under part 135 ifr

they had (and may still have) a sic program in the twins where you can ride as sic until you get ur 1200.

It's not a bad gig, you get good experience.
I did it with another company. started with 700 hrs or so as sic and then upgraded 5-6 months later.
good thing is that you're home every night (if you have a day run of course) as well as weekends, and days banks are closed......

it is a good stepping stone

Are check haulers losing any business?

I have a friend whose bank scans their checks and puts them online. I'm sure that would negate the need to transport them around.

Are we going to see check hauling contracts dwindle down as this technology becomes more widepread?

thought about it too, that could be a question to ask them.
however, I think it might be a few years, even if they scan checks, they still have to keep paper copy somewhere.....

Latest resources

Back