• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

100% Cotton Uniform Shirt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've got a bunch of Landerwoods in my closet right now. Good shirts, last long time. I had one seam come apart about 3 months after I purchased it, I called Landerwood and he sent me a replacement and I sent the bad one back, no charge.
I can't stand the cut. They are just cut too big for me. I hate having all that extra fabric all over the place and these shirts do just that. I've been waiting for them to fall apart so I can replace them but they just won't do it. After 2.5 years I have been getting a few threads here and there, but mainly just in the pockets. They still look like the day I bought them. At the price I paid for them, I'm going to wear them till they fall apart before I purchase new shirts. They make a very good shirt, they just don't cut them quite right for me.

If you ever ball up your plane and happen to be pulled alive from the burning wreckage, you'll wish you were wearing anything but polyesther. When I was a medic I saw firsthand what happens to people when they're wearing polyesther when they go roman candle.

Personally, I wear wool pants and cotton shirts. I always thought it strange that crews wore poly shirts and pants and the poor F/As wore pantyhose.

Flying Illini said:
I've got a bunch of Landerwoods in my closet right now. Good shirts, last long time. I had one seam come apart about 3 months after I purchased it, I called Landerwood and he sent me a replacement and I sent the bad one back, no charge.
I can't stand the cut. They are just cut too big for me. I hate having all that extra fabric all over the place and these shirts do just that.

I had the same thing happen to me. Joe replaced all the shirts on his nickle.

As to the extra fabric...be glad you don't have to use it (many do). Go to a local "Men's store" and ask their price to "taper" the shirts; it shouldn't be more than $5-10 per shirt. I actually have them taper the shirts and shorten the sleeves slightly (so you can see my bulging muscles
icon10.gif
).

I've found Landerwood shirts to be the BEST available (though I too would like 100% cotton pinpoint, but they are not available. I don't like oxford).

Give Joe a call at (888) 523-4474. Tell him I sent you (2588) so I can get more free shirts
icon12.gif
. I wouldn't recommend them if I didn't think they were the best.

Landerwood shirts have a slightly pink tinge to them. They are very wide shirts and bunch up around the waistline.

Also, they are delivered with biblical scriptures included in the package, so if you are offended by it, don't order from Landerwood.

Thanks for the tip English,

I was thinking of trying a Landerwood. Currently I use the CrewGear shirts - tapered fit. I'll probably stick with those. Most of the women's aviator shirts available out there have shorter shirt tails and are very high poly content, consequently they are not as comfortable as the men's CrewGear shirts. The quality of the CrewGear shirts have been improving over the years. When I order new shirts I will usually note some improvements. The only problem that I have seen with them is that the upper corners of the pockets will tend to pull away from the fabric. This is only after a number of years of use. I have only had to "retire" these shirts because after quite a few years they just get a bit dingy and don't have that bright white appearance anymore.

Last edited:
The Landerwood women's shirts also have very tight necks when considering how wide the waists are.

I know the men really like the shirts but I was very disappointed ($100 later...)

If you ever ball up your plane and happen to be pulled alive from the burning wreckage, you'll wish you were wearing anything but polyesther. When I was a medic I saw firsthand what happens to people when they're wearing polyesther when they go roman candle.

Personally, I wear wool pants and cotton shirts. I always thought it strange that crews wore poly shirts and pants and the poor F/As wore pantyhose.

Amen to that.

Does anyone know where to get Jetstream pilot shirts? I got a few from the United employee store almost 5 years ago (had to have a friend there buy them for me since they billed everything to the employees). They have fit and held up better than anything else I've tried, but my friend is no longer a United employee.

Perhaps it's just the female shirts that are pink. ;) I usually use a little bluing to make my shirts appear a bit more white anyway.

Latest resources

Back