10-Year Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stlrfan

I'm not sure exactly where to post this question so I'll post it here since I hope to interview at a regional someday. During the last 10 years I was a stay-at-home dad from 2003-2005. I know I need someone of some community stature who can verify this for me but I do not know any lawyers or clergy members who could write a letter or receive a phone call about this. I have a friend who is a bank vice-president, my mother-in-law is an administrator for the Department of Corrections and I have a cousin who is a Captain for Comair. I did do some freelance sports writing for a couple local papers during this time but that is about it. Does anyone have any advice for me on this topic? Thanks for any help.

As long as it can be verified, especially by a number of sources, you really shouldn't have any problems.

Good for you! The main thing is to be able to verify your status during that time. Be sure to provide contacts with any part time work you did during that time and also be sure those people remember you. A friend that owns a business is a good source of verification if they have an established office and staff that always answers the phone. More to the point will be what you've done since 2005. Are you back to work? Taking classes? Flying? Have you been productive? No need to go overboard with references for 2003-5. You did a good thing.

Thanks. I was the hardest work but the best years of my life. No matter what I do from here on out nothing will top it. I've worked as a substitute teacher in the fall of 2005 and then I took a job driving a truck for a company I worked for back in the late 90's so from here on out verification should be no problem.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back