• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10 More Planes and a TV Show for VA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unless VA can pay its pilots a liveable wage in SFO I hope they bite it. Its not that its low cost. My hats off to the SWA guys. They get payed better than us legacies. You guys at VA make as much as our Expressjet guys do. Shame one yourself for being stupid. I remember flying the 1900 and being offered a job flying A320 for Skybus. I laughed then walked away....... I cant be the only one with dignity...can I?

I liken Southwest to the ugly girl at the end of the bar after a long night of drinking and getting shot down... she' s only hot cause your expectations are lowered. While some have always wanted to work for Southwest for a variety of reasons, the vast majority of people I knew wanted to work for DAL or American or UAL.. and make 747, 777 or MD11 captains pay the way it was back in 2000-2001.

The reason SWA gets paid better than Legacies is that Legacy pilots have all voted in major pay cuts since the 2000-2001 time frame while SWA never have... Falling for management tactics playing on fear and such.. A braver bunch (us pilots and I count myself as part of the problem) might have told them.. "Fine, you can't pay me well, then shut the damn place down!"

So when a start up like VA comes along and pays crappy wages, its' painted as the bad guy, when the real bad guys are the various ALPA's that accepted 50% pay cuts rather than do like the men did at EAL.. and "shut it down"

I liken Southwest to the ugly girl at the end of the bar after a long night of drinking and getting shot down... she' s only hot cause your expectations are lowered. While some have always wanted to work for Southwest for a variety of reasons, the vast majority of people I knew wanted to work for DAL or American or UAL.. and make 747, 777 or MD11 captains pay the way it was back in 2000-2001.

The reason SWA gets paid better than Legacies is that Legacy pilots have all voted in major pay cuts since the 2000-2001 time frame while SWA never have... Falling for management tactics playing on fear and such.. A braver bunch (us pilots and I count myself as part of the problem) might have told them.. "Fine, you can't pay me well, then shut the damn place down!"

So when a start up like VA comes along and pays crappy wages, its' painted as the bad guy, when the real bad guys are the various ALPA's that accepted 50% pay cuts rather than do like the men did at EAL.. and "shut it down"

Let's hear it for the real men....
:beer:

Unless VA can pay its pilots a liveable wage in SFO I hope they bite it. Its not that its low cost. My hats off to the SWA guys. They get payed better than us legacies. You guys at VA make as much as our Expressjet guys do. Shame one yourself for being stupid. I remember flying the 1900 and being offered a job flying A320 for Skybus. I laughed then walked away....... I cant be the only one with dignity...can I?

Why did you apply to Skybus knowing what their pay structure was?

My hats off to the SWA guys. They get payed better than us legacies.

Either you have a short term memory, really young, not very bright, or all the above.

Please find out how SWA pay was in relation to the legacies in their second year of operation.

Curious minds want to know.

Why did you apply to Skybus knowing what their pay structure was?

I just love the Skybus bashers and how they come from such a high perch.. I'd be curious how many of them are "regionals" guys that accepted $13K/yr jobs all in the name of "building time for the majors" or how many of them vote for politicians that have empowered management over labor...

SX was a symptom of the reality of the industry in 2007.... it was a job for many.. a place to work, tread water, what ever.. For some, it was a place to fight the good fight.. just research the speed at which the IBT vote passed and what margin it passed by... and read about the 4 that were fired for standing up to management (the new managers, not the ones that were fired by the greedy investors)..

It was a symptom .. not the cause of the failure of our profession. The cause is the various ALPA (not so much APA) MEC's that gutted their working agreements in a panic to hold on to their all important seniority!

I spent a few weeks with American, but consider that pilot group the only body in modern times, at least since those guys at EAL shut it down, to be worth their weight as union men.. they held their ground, and that's why today they at least still have their pensions and a decent paycheck compared to the bottom feeders at UAL, US Air and other ALPA carriers that are just now getting to where APA was sitting at all the time (Waiting for that bar to get raised)..

Yes their uniform went from a REALLY GAY F/A Uniform to just Plain Gay Pilot uniform now.... sorry couldn't resist, joking :p

About the flight attendants... I must admit Republic has some of the best looking flight attendants I have ever seen.

About the flight attendants... I must admit Republic has some of the best looking flight attendants I have ever seen.

that's because many of them came over from when Skybus went under.. SX had the best FA's I'd ever seen... they hired very un-PC like in that department.

I just love the Skybus bashers and how they come from such a high perch.. I'd be curious how many of them are "regionals" guys that accepted $13K/yr jobs all in the name of "building time for the majors" or how many of them vote for politicians that have empowered management over labor...

SX was a symptom of the reality of the industry in 2007.... it was a job for many.. a place to work, tread water, what ever.. For some, it was a place to fight the good fight.. just research the speed at which the IBT vote passed and what margin it passed by... and read about the 4 that were fired for standing up to management (the new managers, not the ones that were fired by the greedy investors)..

It was a symptom .. not the cause of the failure of our profession. The cause is the various ALPA (not so much APA) MEC's that gutted their working agreements in a panic to hold on to their all important seniority!

I spent a few weeks with American, but consider that pilot group the only body in modern times, at least since those guys at EAL shut it down, to be worth their weight as union men.. they held their ground, and that's why today they at least still have their pensions and a decent paycheck compared to the bottom feeders at UAL, US Air and other ALPA carriers that are just now getting to where APA was sitting at all the time (Waiting for that bar to get raised)..

Are Moderators supposed to be contentious or make contentious remarks? How can you do whatever it is you are supposed to do objectively? Is the post above really wise?

Or is it all just about being a hall monitor? Just curious.

Latest resources

Back