Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing from Top Gun, eh?

'One Vision' - Queen

Work's best if you graduated from Riddle! :)

"Learning to Fly"--Pink Floyd

"Eagles Fly" --Sammy Hagar

"Dreams" --Van Halen

"Jetliner"--Steve Miller Band

"Snoopy vs. the Red Baron"--The Royal Guardsmen

I left out Tom Petty, because while I liked that song, it was ruined for me when I found out he wrote it about doing drugs. :erm:

WMUchickenhawk said:
check reply #9

I believe (and by saying "believe" I mean I know), that the original author of this thread specifically stated that he/she wanted "NO" Top Gun soundtrack music. (overused is the term he/she used)

Your fear that someone had passed over your first post (#9), while gramatically correct, leads me to believe that you did not read the directions.

EagleRJ was saying " Nothing from Top Gun Eh?" Meaning : Okay, I'll pick a song from "Somewhere" else. Alas........"Queen"

How about "Glory Flying Regulations" by Oscar Brand... or "Teterboro Tower" by Oscar Brand (I'd love to find a copy of that song, by the way....)

phishn@daves said:
I believe (and by saying "believe" I mean I know), that the original author of this thread specifically stated that he/she wanted "NO" Top Gun soundtrack music. (overused is the term he/she used)

Your fear that someone had passed over your first post (#9), while gramatically correct, leads me to believe that you did not read the directions.

EagleRJ was saying " Nothing from Top Gun Eh?" Meaning : Okay, I'll pick a song from "Somewhere" else. Alas........"Queen"

You are correct, i did miss it. Chalk it up to Not caring, since it is still the best song. Sorry for going off topic with my humble suggestion. And I wasnt afraid of it. i was in mortal fear that I had been passed over.

Lenny Kravitz

Fly away? Not sure if that's the name.

"I wanna get away, I wanna flyyyyyyy away. Yeaahhhh yeaahhhh..." You get the point.

phishn@daves, thnx for looking out for me, but no flaming necessary. We're naturally drawn to any song from Top Gun... :) I just need something less used. The video will include mostly small GA aircraft, storyline, college years, memories, etc... nothing too cheesy, but a little cheese is ok ;)

Think back to your primary through commercial training, what song would best fit your soundtrack. (the aviation related parts ;) )

On the list (THANK YOU FOR ALL SUGGESTIONS) so far:
-Grand Funk Railroad - I'm YOur Captain
-The Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner
-Coldplay - Speed of Sound
-Sammy Hagar - Eagles Fly (this is falling towards the bottom though... little too drawn-out 80s style; good none the less)

Last edited:
Steve Vai: Flying in a Blue Dream Its an instrumental but its still cool

Pink Floyd: Learning to Fly

Van Halen: Dreams

Audioslave: Gasoline Not really about flying but it sure is a kicka$$ tune to listen to whilst flying

Latest resources

Back