• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

“insanity squared”

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ahhhh yes, and we come full circle to the main advantage of a national seniority list....

Exactly....Real leverage comes from the ability to walk away from the table forever....we don't have that....

Didn't someone post about forming a "guild"? Whereby, you start at the bottom of the list at your new employer but are paid based on experience. Interesting concept.

Cheers- Rum

Didn't someone post about forming a "guild"? Whereby, you start at the bottom of the list at your new employer but are paid based on experience. Interesting concept.

Cheers- Rum

Yep, on some other thread but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Many problems for a national seniority list that can not be overcome. Some were mentioned on the other thread. However one that was not mentioned...would it be DOH at a 121 carrier? If so, ain't no way in hell a mid to late 90's PFT'er hire is going to be senior to those of us that didn't sell out.

How would that be solved? No way a PFT'er should benefit from buying a job.

Seems like the 2 guys on this thread calling for the national list are from ASA, a major player(along with Comair) in the PFT days.

CFI2766 wrote:
"Welll, why not?"

Well, above is one of many reasons. You may be too young to remember but many of us struggled to find a CFI job during this period. Was a bad time to break into the industry unless you got money from Mommy and Daddy. "Commuters" knew this and used it to their advantage in a scam.

Last edited:
Just pointing out the Fox rarely paints business or executives in a bad light. And a lot of people watch Fox to the exclusion of other news outlets.

Trying to turn the lights on is all.

I've seen them slam quite a few execs. Besides, I got tired of the excessive liberal slant at the other news outlets. Fox has a little liberal slant, just not as much.

Seems like the 2 guys on this thread calling for the national list are from ASA, a major player(along with Comair) in the PFT days.

CFI2766 wrote:
"Welll, why not?"

For the record, I was ASA, now CAL. But what you said shows the short-sightedness of this profession, and the exact reason that those high paid executives are laughing at us. You can't get past PFT, whether right or wrong, to strengthen the profession as a whole. Like I said, no wonder they are laughing at us all the way to the bank.

You know this country had labor riots before and we had labor reform. Wonder how many more decades it will take for CEO compensation to become a centralized issue for airline investors.

I wonder how regulation would affect CEO pay...

Last edited:
For the record, I was ASA, now CAL. But what you said shows the short-sightedness of this profession, and the exact reason that those high paid executives are laughing at us. You can't get past PFT, whether right or wrong, to strengthen the profession as a whole. Like I said, no wonder they are laughing at us all the way to the bank.

For the record, were you a PFT'er?...yes or no. Not that it matters so much but just cause you're at CAL now doesn't mean you weren't a PFT. If you're not, your concept would really hurt YOUR seniority.

I think the short sighted guys were those selfish enough to try to get ahead by buying a job. I have no problem with the national list concept, just the implementation. I guess those execs you're talking about were the same ones laughing back in the day as they were cashing those $10k checks from sellouts.

I just asked the question why they(PFT) should currently benefit from a national list. What's your answer? I'm not trying to get on your case, just want to understand your side.

And, BTW, being concerned about seniority is very important. It should not be able to be bought, I'm obviously in a position where unfortunately that could happen to me and it's out of my control.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back