Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hindsight2020

Yeah Buddy
Anybody have experience with these? I figure the insurance is much more affordable and acquirable than for a Pitts S-2A, particularly for somebody like me without tailwheel time. What is the going cost for Zlin 142s these days? Any hope of getting one for under 65K? I figure they aren't like the Pitts acro-wise, but are they close or are they just on the level of C-150s? Anything to note about possible wing life issues? Thanks for the feedback.

I flew a Zlin 242L. It was the funnest two days of flying I've ever had. I'm sure the fighter guys do the acro stuff all the time, but for us Army guys, this was a kick.

Yeah, they look fun as hell, I think the 242 would be a little pricey though. I'm thinking on instructing in it as well to help cover the cost of operation, and having the full acro capability is a must. The tricycle gear configuration is the most affordable way for me to get insurance and get in the acro game, but haven't been able to see much in the way of online listings for the 142, so I'm unsure what the market price is.... anybody else in the know?

Thanks

Latest resources

Back