ZED question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mayoplane

If I have a ZED fare ticket for a certain segment....and I wish to use the ticket on a participating carrier but with longer segment....would I be able to do that as long as I pay for the segment which was not paid originally at the counter (outside the US)? .....or I can only use the ticket with a participating carrier with the same or less mileage....thanks.

mayoplane said:
If I have a ZED fare ticket for a certain segment....and I wish to use the ticket on a participating carrier but with longer segment....would I be able to do that as long as I pay for the segment which was not paid originally at the counter (outside the US)? .....or I can only use the ticket with a participating carrier with the same or less mileage....thanks.

Yes, I believe if you can't use the same ticket on a longer/shorter segment. You need to return it and get a new ticked issued. Zed is based on a distance and it includes airport taxes of the country you're flying to.

You can however use the same ticket on a different carrier flying to the same airport.
Hope this helps. FC

The way it is supposed to work is that a Zed ticket can be used on any segment equal to or less that the one the ticket is issued for, as long as it originates in the same country. If it is a distance that is greater, then it is not supposed to be valid. However, they are not supposed to work for connecting flights, but I have been stuck in Asia and they allowed me to use one ticket for 2 flights. It all depeneds on the ticket agent. But technically in your situation, it would not be valid.

The ZED ticket has to be of equal or less distance AND it also has to be the correct Fare base. Look at your tickets and it will let you know if you have a ZONE LOW/MEDIUM/HIGH - ZL/ZM/ZH. If you have a ZL with one carrier and try to use it on another that requires ZM from your carrier, they may not take it. I have used ZED tickets a lot and it's a hit and miss if they accept it or not.

Latest resources

Back