Zed Fares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fltdspx

It appears that ASA and Delta are getting together to discuss YET another non-rev travel benefits , does anyone have any thoughts or insight on this.

I love the option of having ZED fares for my personal travel. They have opened up many interesting travel destinations for me. There are literally hundreds of airlines through the world you can fly on!

Pros: fully refundable, good for 3-6 months with open dates of travel, good on any ZED participating airline that is on your ticketed city pair. Your whole family including parents are eligible

Cons: After paying the ZED charge and the taxes they can get to be pricey. Must purchase them from your own companies ticket counter. (your outta luck if you need to buy one in Cairo or Bali) Many foreign carriers do not recognise "travel companions" or Dom. Partners if you are single.

Cons: After paying the ZED charge and the taxes they can get to be pricey. Must purchase them from your own companies ticket counter. (your outta luck if you need to buy one in Cairo or Bali) Many foreign carriers do not recognise "travel companions" or Dom. Partners if you are single.

True, but for int'l travel they can be way cheaper than an ID90.

When I went to AKL, ZED on QA nonstop from LAX, $215.

ID90 on AZ, nonstop from LAX, $550.

ZED fares come in Low - medium - & high.
Depending on your airlines agreement with the other airline you will fall into one of these 3 categories.

Most overseas airlines requi re at least 6 months of employment; however, for the correct fare and charges you MUST check your own airlines agreements.

Low is close to ID90, Medium close to ID75, and High is ... well you might as well by a ticket.

In order to be able to use one ticket issued for airline X on the same route for airline Z, the fare agreements must also be on the same OR a higher cost level. Med will cover Low but Low will not cover a Med.

Some airline are good and don't care to much while others stick to the letter of the agreement.

:cartman:

ZED fares come in Low - medium - & high.
Depending on your airlines agreement with the other airline you will fall into one of these 3 categories.

Most overseas airlines requi re at least 6 months of employment; however, for the correct fare and charges you MUST check your own airlines agreements.

Low is close to ID90, Medium close to ID75, and High is ... well you might as well by a ticket.

In order to be able to use one ticket issued for airline X on the same route for airline Z, the fare agreements must also be on the same OR a higher cost level. Med will cover Low but Low will not cover a Med.

Some airline are good and don't care to much while others stick to the letter of the agreement.

:cartman:

That's good to know. I'm sure we can count on being in the "high" fare bracket here at ASA. :rolleyes:

ZED high usually comes out cheaper than a ID90 (at least from my experience). From the west coast to Europe it is $114 plus taxes. While ID90 varies from airline to airline (based on full fare), it would almost always be more than that. Most agreements I've seen (only worked for 2 airlines) were ZED low or medium for employees (making the above example cost $53 or $67) and immediate family, except parents who were ZED high. As long as the gate agent knows what he or she is doing ZED fares offer additional portability as they can be used on other airlines you have agreements with and to different city pairs that are within or less than the distance purchased for (ZED fares are based on mileage zones).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back