• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Zantop at YIP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Zipper the classic YIP non-sked, goes back to the 60's. A lot of guys, present company not included, launched some very successful careers out that place.

pilotyip said:
Zipper the classic YIP non-sked, goes back to the 60's. A lot of guys, present company not included, launched some very successful careers out that place.

I know. Taking all the personal opinion out of it, I still find it amazing , the number of guys that stayed there and spent their whole career there even when civilization lay a meer 10 miles away.

TMC was operating electras out of YIP last summer. They had some kind of agreement/arangement with Zantop to fly electras. I really don't know the details just seeing if someone else does.
Is Zantops boneyard getting cleaned up or those planes just still rusting away over there on the west side?

TMC call sign "Willow Run XXX" was a part 125 alter ego of Zantop. They both went down together. I saw them in the pattern at YIP giving checkrides in the L-188 in May

The Zantop website is still up http://www.flyzantop.com/history.html. Kinda weird to see that still up when you know the company is gone. One of my old employers had their website up for a couple of years after the company was dead, and I know no one was paying the bills. -kingaira90

Latest resources

Back