• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Zacks Rank (Who?) on Delta stock---BUY----with reasons

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, many industrialized foreign economies are accelerating into recession much faster than the US. The US economy is actually stabilizing and the world is catching up (down) to us.

DAL is leaner...so you have that going for you. Good luck.

So, can you give me an example of new routes we have opened up recently and the same countries that are accelerating into a recession faster than we are.......I am waiting....... How about Brazil? We just were AWARDED 3 new cities. I think they are doing better than we are. How about China? We just started 777LR nonstops there. How about England? We just started new LHR routes there. Can you give me an example backed with any sort of facts? Your generalizations are ridiculous, so you don't have that going for you. Give specifics on all of those routes that we have added recently.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Actually, many industrialized foreign economies are accelerating into recession much faster than the US. The US economy is actually stabilizing and the world is catching up (down) to us.

DAL is leaner...so you have that going for you. Good luck.

The US economy is NOT stabilizing. We are headed for a greater depression. The aviation side of things could play out a number of different ways, but most likely will be nationalization, with Delta leading the pack as the largest and broadest US airline. The airline industry cannot go away as it is to vital, but it can certainly shrink down much further. Major players will fall this year or next.

Not much of a poster here, but after reading General Lee's postings, have to comment. We, DAL, are late to the Intl expansion, only making inroads because of Glenn Hauenstein (thanks CAL). I think DAL is making money today because we are targeting markets that have no/little service and we can command a premium price. Whether it be the worldwide recession or a fully engaged Open Skies policy, the Intl market premium/overrides will start to dilute, and then the profits begin to tighten. As a 20 year DAL employee, and an airline employee in general, I believe we all are better served without all the macho bravado and puffery, "my airline is better then yours", mentality. I'm guessing the employees at Eastern, PanAm, TWA , et al, all had the same pride...but unfortunately, not everyone is interested in running an airline, alot are looking for ways to skim off the top for themselves. It is alive an well, just look around you the past two weeks on Wall Street.
You can bet airline traffic will be down, probably worldwide, so hang on to your hats (if they're a required part of your uniform) and continue to do the best job you are trained to do.

Delta is expanding into these international markets at a time when we're entering a global recession.

It's tough to have a crystal ball that's accurate. However yields on Delta's international routes seem to be performing well.

This guidance came from DAL's latest 8K:

International yields are expected to be extremely strong across the board, but particularly in Latin American markets;

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back