Yupp gonna need some help!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

texanpilot1

Okay, new to the corporate world. I am currently flying a CE650 SIC not typed for about 80 hours a year and doing some contract work in King Airs and a baron on the side.

Question:

Found a position to change to full time flying a 421 and the little amount i know about the job it should be 3 days a week for a single owner for business..."like every other owner" not sure about pay. When you were a low time pilot would you fly the jet the little time that you do and the king air on the side? or go for the job to build TT faster? I am not even to 1000TT yet.

thanks in advance

Better make sure this guy's insurance company is going to cover you first. I find it hard to believe that they would cover someone with less than 1000 hours to fly a 421. You don't want to take the job then have to be let go because of that. If this 421 job is just right seat, then don't waste your time. Right seat 421 time is useless since you aren't even a required crewmember. If thats the case I'd continue to fly the jet part time and wait for something better since at least you are a required crewmember there. Just my 2 cents.

SkyBoy1981 said:
Better make sure this guy's insurance company is going to cover you first. I find it hard to believe that they would cover someone with less than 1000 hours to fly a 421. You don't want to take the job then have to be let go because of that. If this 421 job is just right seat, then don't waste your time. Right seat 421 time is useless since you aren't even a required crewmember. If thats the case I'd continue to fly the jet part time and wait for something better since at least you are a required crewmember there. Just my 2 cents.

Ditto.

I got screwed outta my first corporate job because of insurance req's. I was flying a Saratoga, and would occasionally get some jet time, but they wanted to upgrade from the Toga to a C-340. The insurance company wanted something probably like 2000TT and 500ME, which I was no where near. Hit the road, Jack! All in all though, getting let go from that job was a great thing for me, because it finally caused me to get off my butt and get a job that would further my career.

Stay in the jet and continue doing what you're doing. The Citation 3 is a decent airplane and you never know what might happen down the line. The insurance limitation on the 421 will definitely be an issue and if you're getting antsy with just 80 hours a year, keep flying the King Air and Baron to get your TT up. Just be patient.

Latest resources

Back