Yum Brands Job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

400ACapt

I know this has been beat around the boards already, but I just cant understand how a large company like Yum can't find a pilot to fly their Challenger 601! Do they make you fly and then go into the warehouse to make candy? This job has been advertised for months now. Just a post to make people think and research the job before you jump in head first! Might be a great company!?

400ACapt said:
I know this has been beat around the boards already, but I just cant understand how a large company like Yum can't find a pilot to fly their Challenger 601! Do they make you fly and then go into the warehouse to make candy? This job has been advertised for months now. Just a post to make people think and research the job before you jump in head first! Might be a great company!?

A recent Professional Pilot mag had a profile on them.

Yum

I know this has been beat around the boards already, but I just cant understand how a large company like Yum can't find a pilot to fly their Challenger 601! Do they make you fly and then go into the warehouse to make candy?

400... you sound like someone who's applied and didn't get the job.. LOL

My buddy works for them... he lurks in here every now and then... its a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good company to work for.. trust me. It's not easy to find a qualified fitting candidate at times, especially in places like KY, or crazy real estate market CA, where is the opening anyway? I do know that they've gone through several applicants which didn't fit to their standards unfortunately. If you know a highly qualified CL601 pilot, send them a copy of the post. Next question would be.. are they willing to relocate and deal w the problems in CA per se? Even $100k is not enough to make your mortgage out here... :)

My bet would be like the above....you cant find highly qualified people in Kentucky and you cant convince highly qualified people to move to California.

5-10 years back, maybe....but one look at whats happened at the Cali/NY major city real estate markets will tell you that you aren't going to get an accpetable place to live on a corp pilot salary. = Becomes a hard position to fill I would guess.

Then again, I have been told here that you must be an idiot if you cant live well off 60K family income....so what to I know.
:rolleyes: .

EVERY department I've worked for seems to be oblivious to the fact that the cost of living ACTUALLY INCREASES... Since the wife stays at home to raise the kids I wouldn't even consider LA or G200's neighborhood for anything under $200,000...

Hey G200,

What does the average acceptable family habitat go for in your area???

Last edited:
pa56pa said:
Even $100k is not enough to make your mortgage out here... :)

Sure it is. Even on first year Aloha poverty wages, I kept making my California house mortgage payments.

Unless you decide you absolutely must live in Newport Beach, it's doable.

h25b said:
EVERY department I've worked for seems to be oblivious to the fact that the cost of living ACTUALLY INCREASES... Since the wife stays at home to raise the kids I wouldn't even consider LA or G200's neighborhood for anything under $200,000...

Hey G200,

What does the average acceptable family habitat go for in your area???

depends on your definition of "acceptable"...
800-1000 sq. ft single family 40 yr old home - thats 2BR 1-1.5 bath =325K to start
1500-2000 sq. ft 2-3BR 2-2.5 bath = 400-450K to start
2000-3500 3-4BR colonial type "normal" house 500K to start.

New construction of the above starts at 600-700K. Im talking modular construction here....very mediocre quality but new. Nothing new is being built under 4000sq ft. For some reason folks cant have a "small" home these days (2000sq ft) Im sure its just what the market brings - the builders have it figured out.

I personally think its insane, but if you want to live in good school areas, decent commutes, acceptable tax rate, and good values...pony up the dough or step out of the way sir, and let the fella in behind you...

I think these prices can be echoed in most metro areas - where unfortunalty most the corporate jobs are located.

Makes no sense to me. I cant see how someone starting out can do it. Pilot salaries certainly are not going up to relfect this...at least not mine...

The scary part -- I see couples younger than us scooping up these homes in days...they must have HUGE loans. But what are you going to do? rent? drive 3 hrs to work? I guess you just make it work...

Now, the joke is when you hear people bragging about how much they have made in thier house....yeah....you havent made a penny until you sell it and then you will spend every penny of that replacing what you currently have - unless you are moving to Alabama (not cracking on bama') or something..then you will do well I suppose..

personally I couldnt sleep well at night being employed as a pilot with loans like these folks must have!

When we bought....you could do house and family just fine on 100K. You could find a nice house for 200-250K Now -- no way just not possible to buy a house. You will rent until you die on 100K. simple as that. To get a motgage down to what about 100K will afford you will need a min 250K down payment...

Glad Im not looking.

Last edited:
Sure it is. Even on first year Aloha poverty wages, I kept making my California house mortgage payments.

Of course it's doable, but not as easy as you claim... let's see... 1st yr Aloha wages @ $30k... mmmm :rolleyes: Where can I find a nice affordable and decent home by KSNA where YUM is located?? Ahhhh yess.... Palm Desert, or perhaps RIVERSIDE? LOLOL where houses are now over $400K... ??? OUCH!

G200 mentioned it.. a while back, yes it was doable.. nowadays, you may end up with a 2 hour drive each way due to LA traffic, perhaps with dual incomes, just to make the mortgage in the desert... Where's the QOL??

And if you think SOCAL is expensive, try the bay area... a San Jose AVERAGE home has come down a bit, only $580K ... Oh, and in San Francisco, as of last week, the average was $690k... and just fyi, the houses are literally stuck together so that to get to the back yard, you'd have to go thru the driveway... What is one to do .. <<<< lol

Last edited:
pa56pa said:

Of course it's doable, but not as easy as you claim... let's see... 1st yr Aloha wages @ $30k... mmmm :rolleyes: Where can I find a nice affordable and decent home by KSNA where YUM is located?? Ahhhh yess.... Palm Desert, or perhaps RIVERSIDE? LOLOL where houses are now over $400K... ??? OUCH!

G200 mentioned it.. a while back, yes it was doable.. nowadays, you may end up with a 2 hour drive each way due to LA traffic, perhaps with dual incomes, just to make the mortgage in the desert... Where's the QOL??

And if you think SOCAL is expensive, try the bay area... a San Jose AVERAGE home has come down a bit, only $580K ... Oh, and in San Francisco, as of last week, the average was $690k... and just fyi, the houses are literally stuck together so that to get to the back yard, you'd have to go thru the driveway... What is one to do .. <<<< lol

back in the late 90's I looked at a bay area job for 175K. I thought that was sweet. After 2 days of looking at real eastate I declined as I didnt want to live in a 2BR apartment.

that area is crazy. Beautiful part of the country. Wish I could live there!!!

Latest resources

Back