Yum! Brands article in Professional Pilot magazine

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

onthebeach

I'd like to re-read the Yum! Brands flight dept. profile that was published in Professional Pilot a while back. If anyone has it and can fax it to me, please PM me. Thanks in advance...

I have always had the impression that for your flight department to be featured in Pro Pilot you must contact the magazine first and suggest that they do a story on you. I could be wrong though. ;)

Check 6 said:
I have always had the impression that for your flight department to be featured in Pro Pilot you must contact the magazine first and suggest that they do a story on you. I could be wrong though. ;)
\
At the last dept I worked for, we received a letter from them asking if they could do an article on us. I'm not sure the CP even called to say "thanks, but no"

Check 6 said:
Maybe for a "respected" magazine, that's how it would be done.

Let's just say Propilot has a little harder time attracting "quality" departments, and yes they do send out letters asking for profiles.

501261 said:
Maybe for a "respected" magazine, that's how it would be done.

Let's just say Propilot has a little harder time attracting "quality" departments, and yes they do send out letters asking for profiles.

I don't find the articles that profile Ford, GE, Cargill and Disney particularly interesting. I actually prefer reading about the smaller departments that have to "fend" for themselves and get creative. I like reading about the department that operates a CJ1 or a GII. I guess "quality" is in the eye of the beholder...

I just wish they would stop the police department profiles - sure, they are professional pilots too but those articles are written in template form and can be so boring at times...

Latest resources

Back