Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crizz

Big Member
Was anyone up in little Paris last night? A rain shower went through right before we landed and the runway was like a sheet of ice. I've never seen anything like it. The surface is kinda half-way grooved, but apparently extremely uneffective. Anyone else left scratching their heads after comming in?

i landed in YUL recently. light rain shower had just passed. we were #1 for landing and Air Canada behind us on approach asked for a braking action report. i was surprised by this query. afterall, it just a light rain on the field.

but as we landed i applied brakes (i prefer to not use thrust reverse unless needed) and the friction was very sketchy. so i throw in thrust reverse to stabilize it.

i wonder if it's grooved at all. maybe they did a recent resurface. heads up whenever a 'local' pilot asks a seemingly strange question...

Runway? Braking action? Huh?

I was at the Ramada Inn in YUL last night and the place was filled with over 100 HOT! babes. The Miss Hawaiian Tropic: Canada contest is being held and all the contestants were frolicking around the hotel. Kind of made the $CA8.50 draft beer in the hotel bar worth the money.

....eagerly awaiting tonights frolicking.....

Latest resources

Back