Yucaipa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aeolian said:
Saw a B757 owned by Yucaipa the other day. Anybody know anything bout that operation?

Don't know anything about an airline called Yucaipa, but I know about the city in California named that. I'm a lot of help I know.:rolleyes:

Ron Burkle...

aeolian said:
Saw a B757 owned by Yucaipa the other day. Anybody know anything bout that operation?

made his money buying/selling grocery chains. Doesn't throw money around. I heard the 757 was down for 30 days +/- and he had crew get current in Gulfstream so they could be used for charter during that time.

Don't think there is a lot of movement there. One of his pilots was doing part-time sim instructor for N7 when they were still kicking.

I've flown Mr. Burkle. He told me he had a PT91 "Five-Seven". I misunderstood and thought he said "a 5 and a 7" meaning he had two Citations. Later he told me he was looking to get a Citation X to use when his plane was down for MX. I said something like, "isn't that bigger than what you have now"?:eek:

LAZYB said:
made his money buying/selling grocery chains. Doesn't throw money around. I heard the 757 was down for 30 days +/- and he had crew get current in Gulfstream so they could be used for charter during that time.

Don't think there is a lot of movement there. One of his pilots was doing part-time sim instructor for N7 when they were still kicking.

By implication then, the dept is bigger than 1 B757. Can you be specific? Thanks!

aeolian said:
By implication then, the dept is bigger than 1 B757. Can you be specific? Thanks!

I'm not sure that is accurate. I think the charter was just a relationship/affiliation type thing.

I heard Yucaipa is investing in Aloha...anyone?

LAZYB said:

He does now.

Can anybody tell me if a family in the OC with the last name Baldwin has a plane. There developers who have more money then they know what to do with. And HMR do you know if the McMillians KA pilots are abused? What do you mean throws his money around?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back