You've been gone too much when....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

El Bucho

...you try to dial "9" for an outside line and you are at home.

Can't believe I caught myself trying to do that today...

:)
EB

For me..after hanging out at airports with auto flush urinals..then comming home,getting up in the middle of the night to take a leak, walking in to a wall (haha) finding the head and taking said leak, I found myself staring at the bowl...wondering why the damn thing wasn't flushing. Then it dawns on me..that A. I am home and B. I am a dummy.

Denizen said:
For me..after hanging out at airports with auto flush urinals..then comming home,getting up in the middle of the night to take a leak, walking in to a wall (haha) finding the head and taking said leak, I found myself staring at the bowl...wondering why the dang thing wasn't flushing. Then it dawns on me..that A. I am home and B. I am a dummy.

Generally speaking I stare dumbfounded at sinks that don't automatically dispense water when you wave your hand under the faucet...

You're not traveling very much until you wake up one morning and don't know where you are.

Thinking it's a good idea to stay in bed until you know where you are, you notice a lump in the bed that is not the family dog. You correctly deduce you are not at home.

You stick out your hand and promptly knock the hotel's lamp off the nightstand.

Not until you are at the airplane reading the sign on the terminal building do you realize your location.

The only worse case is not until you initialize the avionics do you read your location off of the GPS.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

how about when your in the yard sweating your ass off and decide something cold to drink would be good, then proceed to dig in your pockets on the way to the house so you can find 75 cents for the coke machine...

JediNein said:
You're not traveling very much until you wake up one morning and don't know where you are.

Heh, that's my favorite one. When I was flying aerial photography we would be gone for weeks and weeks at a time in the summer and some mornings I woke up in a complete haze of disorientation for a minute or two - where am I? What town am I in? Who am I flying with? Where did I fly yesterday? Where am I supposed to go today? ...etc. etc.

And at the same company...you know know you're travelling too much when the crew keeps a box of laundry detergent in the baggage compartment of the plane.

JediNein said:
Not until you are at the airplane reading the sign on the terminal building do you realize your location.

The only worse case is not until you initialize the avionics do you read your location off of the GPS.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Hahaha true dat!!

Latest resources

Back