Your Walmart, Our Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

densoo

They all know, occasionally some get caught. Who, us? Our pilots are overscheduled, underpaid, underfed, and under-rested? We had no idea this might impact safety. We're shocked.

"Affidavit: 2 bosses at Wal-Mart knew about hiring scam

Ex-vice president admits wire fraud

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Associated Press

Springfield, Mo.- A pair of senior Wal-Mart executives knew cleaning contractors were hiring illegal immigrants, many of whom were housed in crowded conditions and sometimes slept in the backs of stores, according to a federal agency's affidavit.

Also Monday, a former Wal- Mart vice president pleaded guilty to three counts of wire fraud, admitting he manipulated invoices to embezzle money that was funneled to a former senior executive referred to as "John Doe." The vice president had reported to Thomas Coughlin.

The affidavit, unsealed last week, was part of an investigation of Wal-Mart by federal immigration officials that led to the 2003 raid on 60 Wal-Mart stores in 21 states..."

Last edited:
F%$K Walmart! I hate that GD store! I don't care how poor I am I would rather eat dog sh!t than support that store.

Sioux115 said:
F%$K Walmart! I hate that GD store! I don't care how poor I am I would rather eat dog sh!t than support that store.

Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel....

Souix115 i have to agree with you...

wmt is the scourge of the modern world. I worked there for 2 years back in college and I can say the people that work there are good people, but not the most educated...just want a job, so they go to the worst employer in the world, get paid cr_p, and then spend roughly 45% of their takehome pay on health care because wmt pays 30-40% less in health care per employee than any other company in US. If ever there was a need for a Union, wmt is the battlefield. The Canadians got a union on the property and wmt shut the store down. Maybe if we did that here at home wmt would simply go away (it was a nice thought;))

Then there's indirect censorship...if wmt doesn't like the lyrics on a particular album they will refuse to buy it, then the record company goes back to the artist and says "wmt won't buy it so we have to make some changes". So much for free speech.

Not to mention all the mom&pop operations that go under within 2 years of a wmt being built w/in 5 miles.

"We 'Always' buy American (when we can)" - whatever.

I personally will drive 5 miles past the closest wmt to pay $5 more for the same item at target. At least I KNOW it was made in China.

Sioux115 said:

You really need to come out of your shell.

Last edited:
altscap said:
Souix115 i have to agree with you...

I personally will drive 5 miles past the closest wmt to pay $5 more for the same item at target. At least I KNOW it was made in China.

me too:)

Latest resources

Back