Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Your thoughts on the economy picking up....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HAVEN'T YOU GUYS LEARNED ANYTHING? This is too funny. A bunch of pilots acting like economic and financial wizards. If there is ONE thing I've learned it's never ask another pilot what to do with YOUR money. This is one place I will not seek info on what to do in my investing!!! Hilarious though, keep it coming!!!!!!!!!!!
:puke:

Last edited:
Hi!

A number of US PAX charter pilots reported their business started picking up last month.

Atlas just recalled some more FEs.

cliff
NBO

Look fellas, invest in typewriters and encyclopedias! For some reason, the market in these areas are wide open!

Last edited:
There is a lot going on right now that is *NOT* good. Too much to go into without boring you to tears.

The bottom line is this: oil, oil, oil (or fuel, fuel, fuel).

If prices can stay at or below $2 a gallon for regular unleaded gasoline (and correspondingly, for Jet-A RELATIVELY) then the economy has a chance to turn around.

The problem is inertia.

The economy kept going along fine (for a bit) when gas was $4 a gallon because of its upward momentum and it took awhile for it to go the other way. Now we are dropping like a stone and it is gonna' take awhile for it to slow and reverse.

Unfortunately, by the time it reverses there are going to be other problems that we are creating right now (inflation for one) that will effectively cancel out a lot of the recovery and thereby delay it. And if gasoline goes back to $3+ then forget it.

The economy is sluggish. By the time people realize what has happened they're six months into it or more.

The biggest hit right now is housing. It isn't sub-primers and adjustables getting pounded now, but regular folks with 20- and 30-year mortgages. I have another friend every week losing his or her job from different fields (aviation, management, astronomy, magazine writing, etc.) and all of them have mortgages... What will happen when those people hand over their keys to the house?

Hang on for a bumpy ride, folks.

HAVEN'T YOU GUYS LEARNED ANYTHING? This is too funny. A bunch of pilots acting like economic and financial wizards. If there is ONE thing I've learned it's never ask another pilot what to do with YOUR money. This is one place I will not seek info on what to do in my investing!!! Hilarious though, keep it coming!!!!!!!!!!!
:puke:

Well, I have made the call on a lot of these swings months ahead of the curve so I don't know if that qualifies me as a pilot any more.......but I was always interested in Macroeconomics when everyone else in class was falling asleep. (Lewis Black has a great rant on this.)

At the end of the day the best thing you can do is diversify. (And that does include buying things like rifles, ammunition, gold, and other non-paper assets).

If you spread your money around into different areas you can absorb a lot of the shockwaves without getting too badly hammered.

Live modestly and use your own money to finance the things you buy. "You can have wealth or the appearance of wealth, but rarely both simultaneously."

There is a lot going on right now that is *NOT* good. Too much to go into without boring you to tears.

The bottom line is this: oil, oil, oil (or fuel, fuel, fuel).

If prices can stay at or below $2 a gallon for regular unleaded gasoline (and correspondingly, for Jet-A RELATIVELY) then the economy has a chance to turn around.

The problem is inertia.

The economy kept going along fine (for a bit) when gas was $4 a gallon because of its upward momentum and it took awhile for it to go the other way. Now we are dropping like a stone and it is gonna' take awhile for it to slow and reverse.

Unfortunately, by the time it reverses there are going to be other problems that we are creating right now (inflation for one) that will effectively cancel out a lot of the recovery and thereby delay it. And if gasoline goes back to $3+ then forget it.

The economy is sluggish. By the time people realize what has happened they're six months into it or more.

The biggest hit right now is housing. It isn't sub-primers and adjustables getting pounded now, but regular folks with 20- and 30-year mortgages. I have another friend every week losing his or her job from different fields (aviation, management, astronomy, magazine writing, etc.) and all of them have mortgages... What will happen when those people hand over their keys to the house?

Hang on for a bumpy ride, folks.

I thought you weren't going to bore me to tears. :)

The good news is I am back to even on my 401k from the last 12 month lookback....My contribution plus company match is even with my total balance...

I'm in energy, new markets, and mid-cap.... energy has been having some big weeks lately...

Latest resources

Back