Your opinion, FALCON Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cart

I'm new to corporate aviation, but do appreciate---you get what you negotiate. This is a pure Part 91 gig on a FA-10, operated for the owners by a management co.

What would you say about an offer of a "retainer" (paid monthly) for which you serve as a contrator (not a full-time employee). You would be required to fly the published monthly schedule (about 9 days) and "on call" in the event of pop-up trips the remainder of the month. If you don't fly, you pay all expenses for a replacement. Owner will pay for training, but if you leave you reimburse them.

A contrator "on call"? (thought that was a full-time situation)
What salary will today's market bear?

Thanks for your thoughts!

cart said:
If you don't fly, you pay all expenses for a replacement. Owner will pay for training, but if you leave you reimburse them.

i don't understand the "you pay all expenses for replacement". I probably wouldn't agree to this as you could get sick.

how long would you have to work until training is paid? one yr seems appropriate to me.

"on call" means you would work exclusively for them (so higher pay).

pay for contract- approx 7-8K per month in my opinion for DA10 Capt. Full time better. :)

The "on-call" aspect is the part I would have a problem with. If they want you to commit to them, they should pay you a salary.

Otherwise, I have worked as a semi-permanent contractor and know others who have as well, and it can work out well. In fact, I'm doing that at the moment.

However, one of the main attractions is having the ability to tell them "no" if you feel like it (within reason, of course, since if you tell them "no" too often, they will find someone else).

I worked for a company some time ago who wanted something similar. We agreed to a "first right" arrangement where I would call them if any other opportunities came along. If they decided they wanted me available on those days, they paid me my daily rate. Otherwise, I could do what I wanted.

As for pay, depends on region, etc. For a Falcon 10, I would guess mid-50s if you have no management responsibilities. Remember, the Falcon 10 is about the cheapest 731 jet out there, so you are probably not dealing with the cream of the crop of operators. Otherwise, $4-500 per day.

cart said:
I'm new to corporate aviation, but do appreciate---you get what you negotiate. This is a pure Part 91 gig on a FA-10, operated for the owners by a management co.

What would you say about an offer of a "retainer" (paid monthly) for which you serve as a contrator (not a full-time employee). You would be required to fly the published monthly schedule (about 9 days) and "on call" in the event of pop-up trips the remainder of the month. If you don't fly, you pay all expenses for a replacement. Owner will pay for training, but if you leave you reimburse them.

Something better will come along...

Latest resources

Back