• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Your favorite layovers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My favorite CAL overnights are LAX (Marina Del Rey), Cleveland, Las Vegas, and any Florida city.

I miss the ASA layovers in Wilmington (NC) and Des Moines.

MSO (Summertime),

Jealous???? Hey, I know you also like MAF and AMA, because those towns are FANTASTIC. Enjoy them, often. I won't.

Bye Bye--General Lee

No jealously. You just had to jump right in to tell us your a cool international pilot, with my double breasted coat. I think that SNL skit w/ Val Kilmer was created after seeing you.

No jealously. You just had to jump right in to tell us your a cool international pilot, with my double breasted coat. I think that SNL skit w/ Val Kilmer was created after seeing you.

That was a funny skit, but what is really funny is the reaction I get from SWA pilots when I throw a "Ronkonkma" or Harlingen in the mix. They go ballistic. That is a weakness in an otherwise great job, with great pay and fun stews. Take away the same plane forever, the multiple leg days, the 25 minute turns with layovers in places like ELP and MAF, and it might be the perfect job. Hey, to each his own, but not everyone wants what you do, and that drives a lot of you NUTS.

Bye Bye---General Lee

PS--My category in ATL (76ER) flies both International and domestic legs. Not everyone has to fly only international flights. That is called variety.

Int'l overnights are the worst. I can't stand doing them, especially where english is not the language. Plus, it is hard to find good food.

My personal favorites so far:

Geneva - so much to do there!

Paris - great for people watching.

Singapore - 'nuff said! ;)

But no place like home...

BTW General.... don't knock AMA. Next time you're there, might wanna enjoy a free steak. ;)

http://www.bigtexan.com

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back