• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Your favorite JFK moment....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you should have been there last night on ground FREQ. Delayed 3 1/2 hours waiting for a front to pass,sitting on the taxi way...But plenty of entertainment provided by the ground controllers and the pilots...

Just think how much more fun it would have been had you been getting paid block or better :D

My favorite JFK moment was when I finished up my last trip. I gave my Captain's hat to some kid on the plane. I commuted home in first class and quit the airline industry. Ahhhhh life is good!

Huh? Great rampers? I guess for minimum wage in NYC they are pretty damn good, but hard workers they ain't. And it doesnt help ramp control can't actually SEE the ramp, and has to rely on video cameras.

Maybe it was a different story back in 02, 03!! Almost had one guy beat the sh!t out of a passenger who accused us of drinking. What a night. Being a NY'er i appreciate his enthusiasm.:beer:

Trans States back in the mid to late 90's:
-********************ti^ng in the greeks flight bag and then duck taping it closed.
-Driving golf balls down Lefferts Blvd at 3am.
-Doing chowder runs for the controllers.
-Listing to Steve P. tell the ground controllers to go F them selves because he felt like taxing at 1.3 MPH.

The Good Ole Days

Back when I was a kid. And we could hang out on the rooftop of the Pan Am Worldport and watch Pan Am and TWA 747's line up for the far corners of the globe. And know those guys up top had the best jobs in the world -- bar none.

You just brought back some fond memories. There used to be one at LGA too

Latest resources

Back