• Friendliest aviation community on the web

Archer

student pilot forever
Tell us of three planes:

1)Your favorite plane that you HAVE flown

2)Your favorite plane that you COULD one day, realistically fly

3)Your favorite dream plane, that you probably wont get to fly

I'll start.

I've flown only 2 planes so far. Piper Warrior II and Archer II. I like them both, they are nice looking, easy to fly, stable. The extra 20 hp of the Archer make it my choice of course.

My dream plane that I could one day fly is probably the ViperJet, two seater, single engine aerobatic certified kit jet airplane you can buy for 250 grand or so. If not that, the Pilatus PC-9 turbotrainer. And most realistically...a Piper Seneca or a Baron 58

My dream plane, that I probably won't ever fly...is the F-15C Eagle, the best fighter in the world, even better than the F-22 :D

Archer

1. 757

2. 757

I guess I'm very lucky that I get to fly my favorite airplane for a living. Lots of power, sexy, it's got it all.

3. SR-71 Blackbird.

The closest thing to being an astronaut. Man, I wish I could experience the speed of that thing!

Hey Falcon, the SSBJ is still in design stage! ;)

:rolleyes:

Oh, and if I might add to my #3...the Bristol Spaceplanes Ascender....

it basically is a business jet for 2 crew 2 passengers in a front cabin, and the rest of the airplane has O2 and H2 tanks for the Pratt & Whitney 59,000 lb thrust liquid rocket engine...

it also had 2 turbofan engines...it flies to FL 250 or 300, and then ignites the rocket to reach a peak altitutde of 62 miles (considered by NASA and the Air Force as outer space, and they consider anyone that has gone up there an astronaut).

That in fact is my area of interest in Engineering...I would like to design in and fly it! :D ;)

ARcher

Archer said:
Tell us of three planes:

1)Your favorite plane that you HAVE flown

2)Your favorite plane that you COULD one day, realistically fly

3)Your favorite dream plane, that you probably wont get to fly

1. Lear60

2. P51

3. P47

And one more, the homebuilt I'm most likely to build. A Steen Skybolt.

regards,
8N

Archer said:
Hey Falcon, the SSBJ is still in design stage! ;)

:rolleyes:

I know that, but I am 34 years old... odds are before I retire there will be SSBJ's in service... 26 years is a long time... Just think of what business jets were popular back in 1976? The Lear 35 had just debuted... And the G-II was still in production... Also the GE Powered Falcon 20 was a mainstream Business Jet...

We have come a long way in the last 26 years... we have a long way to go in the next 26 years!

Someday... maybe... I will get to fly a SSBJ... and if not... oh well... I'll take my 900EX!

1) Beech Baron

2) Gulfstream V-SP (I think it's called a G550 now) or a Falcon 900EX

3) F-18 Hornet or F-15 Eagle

1. Tie, F-15E and the T-38 (Great little airplane, real classic)

2. FW-190 or A-320

3. The Wright Flyer

Latest resources

Back