Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Your company rules regarding required hourly weather...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just don't understand why their can't be a universal exception to the temp or altimeter setting being missing. I don't know if I have ever seen a significant difference in altimeter or temperature settings between airports that were within a relatively short distance of each other. It's frustrating to take a delay on a flight for something like this. Seems like different rules and exceptions apply depending on your FSDO, even though we are all 121 carriers.
Now at the old, old carrier (my first place) we couldn't leave either. If the temp, altimeter and even visibility was missing we needed to have an on site weather observer or the flight got delayed, or canceled. This was quite common flying to small airports in North Dakota and the UP of Michigan and what not.

From what I understand, the new OpSpecs A010 that comes out soon is going to mandate that there can be no missing elements from any automated report.

Now will the reliability of the Asos at BFE be any better? What are you smokin'

From what I understand, the new OpSpecs A010 that comes out soon is going to mandate that there can be no missing elements from any automated report.

Now will the reliability of the Asos at BFE be any better? What are you smokin'

I haven't heard that no METAR can have missing elements but I have heard that some or all of the exceptions may be going away.

Latest resources

Back