Youngest pilot at SWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DH2WN said:
Yes, however, one class over the summer had it taken away by one of the head instructors. The instructors decided you shouldn't have to carry it around longer than a week or so. Totally lame.

week after mine they took off 10 lbs of accesories and stripped both back to the core cane and pacifer... also lame. :laugh: still a cool tradition that is going on.

so THATS why that "one guy" in the cafeteria wears that big ole sucker around his neck. I thought he pissed off the intructor or something.

The tradition of the cane and binkie was instituted by line pilots and checkpilots. I think we ought to tell the ground/sim instructors to stay outta our traditions!

In fact I'll do just that as soon as my PC is over.

Then, how old's the oldest?

He-he, good point.

On this side of the big 60 wall for sure.

I was the second oldest guy in my AA class at 43..Pre 9-11, Pre TWA, Pre everything.

Good luck to the young dudes that waltz in there in their mid-20a..Good job, good money, good seniority.
(But a voice in yer head is always going to ask about flying long-hauls across the oceans in big planes with sweet F/As looking for a good time on that long layover...) :D

Huggyu2 said:
Mav1,
Change your avatar! Everyone will think you're "psysicx"!

And with your join date and VERY few posts you'd better change that thing before we all figure out that you're a SOCK for him!

CSY Mon said:
(But a voice in yer head is always going to ask about flying long-hauls across the oceans in big planes with sweet F/As looking for a good time on that long layover...) :D

Last I heard the SWA guys weren't having any kind of trouble finding a "good time" on their layovers...

CSY Mon said:

Don't even have to cross an ocean for that here. Some of those Florida layovers look like a screening of Caligula. Be careful guy's, first comes love (sort of) then comes marriage (sort of) then comes F/O with a baby carriage. (absotutly!):smash:

CSY Mon said:

That voice went silent when I flew across the ocean on a vacation to Europe years ago. But thank God somebody likes to do it. A 3 hr leg is about as much as my ....mmmm....errrrr....backside can take. But to each his own....its not like I didn't know what the flying was like when I came here.

In talking to my friends who do fly the "long hauls across oceans in big planes", they've told me that most of the F/A's who fly those are the most senior....i.e. old F/A's who are now grandmas and grandpas...unless it's different at "your house."

Tejas

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back