• Friendliest aviation community on the web

FDJ2

I found this on our pilot forum. Enjoy.

Captain: "You want answers?"

Chief Pilot: "I think we are entitled”

Captain: "You want answers?!"

Chief Pilot: "I want the truth!"

Captain: "You can't handle the truth!!!"

Captain (continuing): "We live in a world that requires revenue. That revenue must be flown by people with elite skills. Who's going to do it? You, Mr CEO? You Mr. Finance? You, Ms. Human Resources? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You scoff at the Line Pilots and you curse our mediocre incentives. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know. And my very existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, drives REVENUE! You don't want to know the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at staff meetings, you want me in that airplane. You NEED me in that airplane!!

We use words like working radar, good weather, on time departures, airworthiness, upgrades, commuting, another round, medium-rare, on-the-rocks, Cohiba. We use these words as the backbone of all Professional Aviation. You use them as a punch line!

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to people who rise and sleep under the very blanket of service I provide and then question the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a flight bag. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!"

Chief Pilot: "Did you expense the lap dancers?"

Captain: "I did the job I was hired to do."

Chief Pilot: "Did you expense the lap dancers?!"

Captain: "You're godamn right I did!

Bravo! At first I thought the performance was a little over-wrought, a little over-the-top. But then, then, I realized: WE ARE TALKING ABOUT LAP DANCES, d@mn it! This is serious business and deserves a serious peformance.

Two thumbs up...way up!

That is awesome!

If there's ever been a question about why I quote the Colonel in my signature, that scene is your answer!

That's some funny $hit... it would be interesting to see that printed on every ticket sold... Just think, it could be the new ALPA code of ethics. What do you think?

Fly

Priceless.

I've gotta forward this one...

<still shaking my head laughing>

Latest resources

Back