Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You pro hat guys aren't going to like this one....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe the originally poster said that pro-hat people aren't going to like this action by the AA pilots. It's a good subject line, but I think this acknowledges how important a hat looks in the image of the airline pilot. It's so important that they will shed it to show their solidarity. It's not a big gesture, but like a previous poster said, it can show how strong the union is between everyone.

OH Oh that'll show them.
No Hat's for you. next : No deodorant. by gosh. that'll show Managment how we will get back our money and work rules.

Just quit screwing around and go on a wildcat strike for 2 days.

I try to wear the hat in front of the people on the plane. It makes me look a little older and cuts down on the 'drivers license' remarks.

...and yes, I am old enough to drive.

Dang, I love this job!

You want to get their attention? Start flying at lower altitudes system wide, start using the freaking apu (I commute on you guys and alot of guys are buying into saving fuel vs pax comfort or more importantly crew comfort-mostly md80s) think about that extra cost over 700+ planes and 3000 daily flts or whatever y'all have. Don't call for rampers, catering, duplicate seats when the fas are min. crew and can't run up the jetway, don't be proactive if ground transportation fails to show on time at the layover, just sit and wait, not your responsibility to use your cell phone, do be proactive to take a taxi to the hotel if contracted service is even 1 min late(at nwa it is 30min after block) These are just a few of the things I can think of to make the expenses rise quickly, and since all of these mgts only understand P&L vs moral you will get their attention. I am sure others can add to my list.

Disclaimer: ain't no english major, so don't be correcting punctuation, spellen, and run on sentences. Just a pilot disgusted with all of the mgts.

I try to wear the hat in front of the people on the plane. It makes me look a little older and cuts down on the 'drivers license' remarks.

...and yes, I am old enough to drive.

Dang, I love this job!

Along those lines someone once told me that they wear the hat because "I don't see any 747 pilots or 777 pilots waking around without hats on." I replied "I don't see any hat-less RJ pilots that are scabs"

Keep in mind the context of this story. AA management accused the pilots of attempting a coordinated job action in response to their unreasonable compensation and threatened them with damages claims if they did anything. This appears to be in response to that.

The public isn't going to care one iota, but it will let AA management know that the pilot group is unified. What chaps my xxx, is that between the RLA and liberal bankruptcy judges, we have little more than symbolic remedies to this kind of nonsense.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back