You know you've been flying too long...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotswife

I know most of you are pilots, but this is sooo true for us flight attendants...thought it might give you a laugh :)

You know you've been flying too long when...

1. You can eat a 4 course meal or your Thanksgiving dinner standing at the counter in the kitchen.
2. You reach for your seat belt when you sit on the toilet.
3. You look for the "crew line" at the grocery store.
4. You can pack for a 4-week trip to Europe in 1 roll-aboard and 1 piece of hand luggage.
5. You can sleep sitting bolt upright in a chair-- any chair, anywhere.
6. You NEVER unpack.
7. You can recognize pilots by the backs of their heads-- but not by their faces.
8. You can tell 70 yards away if a piece of luggage can fit in the overhead bin.
9. You are amazed how male passengers cannot figure out how to rearrange items so that more things can easily be fit into the overhead bin.
(Maybe if they would load the dishwasher more?)
10. You NEVER hear announcements the pilots make-- if they want you to know something, they must call on the inter phone and tell you personally.
11. You can tie a neck scarf 36 ways.
12. You know at least 63 uses for airsickness containers-- none of which pertain to vomit.
13. You can actually enjoy a crew meal eaten on the jump seat right next to the lavs-- which are in constant use.
14. You understand and actually use the 24-hour clock.
15. You can get more therapy from conversations on the jump seat than you can from your $150 an hour psychologist.
16. You can follow the plot line of a movie without ever hearing the audio portion.

When I get on a train to Manhattan, I sit down and reach for my seat belt. I feel naked without one. :eek:

Last edited:
When driving in your auto and see some WX ahead you glance down at the console to check the radar. Then feel like a fool and smile.

You know you've been flying too long...

...when you sit down on the train in DFW and reach over your shoulders for the shoulder harness.

...when you acknowledge the price of your burger at the MacDonalds drive-through with a readback and your callsign.

...when the microwave beeps and you announce "thousand feet to level."

You know you've been flying too long . .

. . . .when you wish that NOTAMs were issued for highway construction, road blockages and road closures.

On a different note:

You know you've been vectoring too long when:

1. You give your operating initials before hanging up the phone with your Grandma.

2. You vector automobiles at an intersection, any intersection, out loud, all the time......

3. You ever tell your wife "Point out approved".

:rolleyes:

When you...

...can't help your uncle in his Cessna with the radios without reading back "Eagle 7923B" instead of "Cessna"

...You close your eyes or get fidgety when he's landing that 182 because "this thing is just going way to d*mn slow!!!".

(I have done the 'reach for the radar' thing in my car when approaching a line along I-45)

...You have ever reached 70 MPH in your car and have instinctually pulled back on the steering wheel.

...You ask if they have an airline discount when eating at a restaurant...in Lufkin, Texas.

...You search for your ID before heading out...to the grocery store.

How about:

When you refer to the posted speed limit as "knots"

or

Try to adjust your car seat by reaching for the over head handle.

Guilty on both accounts.

Whey you

Go to pull out of your drive way, and apply your brakes, then ask the passanger if they want to try theirs.

Reading the stuff back at burgerking realy messes them up..........

You always use "Say Again" instead of "Pardon Me?" when you don't understand someone.

Or when you have withdrawals after a week of not getting any......... "sky"!

Latest resources

Back