You have to admit when you are wrong

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PuffDriver

My prediction was off. TK cannot hold captain, as I predicted, by the end of the year. Nor did I receive international captain, as I predicted prior to the end of the year. I missed tk by about 6-700, although a former furloughee will now be a captain, and I still missed it by 100 or so.

Go ahead, let me have it.

Do you really think we care?

Agreed... I believe by late next year, we will see NYC 88 go to 2001 and 2007 hires.

My prediction was off. TK cannot hold captain, as I predicted, by the end of the year. Nor did I receive international captain, as I predicted prior to the end of the year. I missed tk by about 6-700, although a former furloughee will now be a captain, and I still missed it by 100 or so.

Go ahead, let me have it.

yeah but how long for those same spots in ATL? ouch..

Agreed... I believe by late next year, we will see NYC 88 go to 2001 and 2007 hires.

Since you jumped to the 756, are you seat locked for two years, or can you still bid for an upgrade?

Oh, I wouldn't feel too bad.

A Oct 99 hire I know, said a little over a year ago that there was NO way he'd be able to hold CA anywhere for at least 5 years. I said he'd be able to hold NY 88A within a year (he would have held it on the last bid, but he didn't want to go to NY) and I said he'd hold ATL CA within 2 years. I was right :) He got the ATL 88A bid yesterday.

So, you're in good company being wrong :)

Since you jumped to the 756, are you seat locked for two years, or can you still bid for an upgrade?

I could bid straight to the 767-400 or 767ER since my seatlock for those is only 9 months and will expire in December... My seatlock for other aircraft types is 2 years, so I'm locked until March of 2009.

I believe this still stands for bidding to upgrade... Even if it was available, I don't know if I'd want to be plug in NYC, haha.

Latest resources

Back