• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You Gotta Love the Associated Press

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Love the new engine cowlings but I think I miss the eyebrow windows. I wish they would have left those in with the winglet mod. Maybe NWA figures that a few less windows lowers costs somehow...

Lesson #1 in aviation:

NEVER tell the media ANYTHING if you are in an accident or incident......because they'll never get it right.......they'll just make you look like an a$$.

captainv said:
maybe the photog screwed up, or maybe the copy editor pulled the wrong photo. either way, the copy editor gets the blame. ahhhh, i remember those nights when you'd get a story 10 minutes from deadline, give it a quick read, and send it off.

then the inevitable memo the next day from the managing editor over something minor that was missed. i'd have to write a response as to why I missed it, but we weren't allowed to blame it on the story being late.

my most memorable goof - i actually wrote this headline: "ValuJet Swamped with Bookings" for a story about their return to the skies after the everglades crash. I wrote it, two others proofed it, nobody caught the reference. amazingly, we didn't get a single call about it...

Can your article be found on the internet?

FirstMate said:
Can your article be found on the internet?

no, too long ago. i left the paper in 1999. wasn't my article though, probably an associated press story. i just edited it and slapped a headline on it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back