• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

super ed

ALPA's Comair, Atlantic Southeast Airlines Officers Meet
Thursday April 17, 2:03 pm ET

WASHINGTON, April 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The following statement was issued jointly today by the Master Executive Councils (MECs) of the Comair and Atlantic Southeast Airlines, both of which are units of the Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA):
ADVERTISEMENT

This past Monday, union officers of Comair and Atlantic Southeast Airlines met in Birmingham, Alabama, to discuss the current status of the industry, including matters of specific interest to our respective pilot groups.

Of particular concern to our pilots are the recent concessionary airline labor agreements. Regardless of which airlines avoid or go into bankruptcy, pilots of these airlines have made significant changes to their collective bargaining agreements. Although the officers of the two Master Executive Councils do not want to get into a public discussion of the specifics at this time, we are concerned about the effects of recent industry developments, and are presenting a solid front to deal with them.

The Comair and Atlantic Southeast MECs are united together to defend the profession of the airline pilots at our two carriers. We will not sit idly by, and watch our pilots' careers be decimated by airline managements and the agreements into which they enter.

In the meantime, we want to assure our memberships that the officers and the union are working to mutually protect our respective pilot groups, our airlines' operations, and our collective futures.

ALPA represents 66,000 airline pilots at 42 airlines in the U.S. and Canada. Its Web site is http://www.alpa.org.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Air Line Pilots Association

Caveman said:
Yeah I am a little concerned about something. I'm afraid that Duane and DALPA will try to screw CMR/ASA when Leo comes a calling looking for concessions. Of course that would never happen, now would it? Let's see, where did I put that RJDC contribution envelope?

No you are right, you should continue to grow and hire durring the worst down turn in aviation history.........and if the economics don't support it, you rjdc ____s sue.

I'm just wondering if it makes the DALPA guys feel like "big men" by asking for concessions from a ASA/CMR F.O. who makes 19K a year. If you ask me, that's the equivalent of passing a homeless person on the street and taking money out of his cup.

I've deleted my original post and my reply to NYRANGERS. I will no longer engage in verbal brawls. If you want to discuss it like gentlemen, I'll participate. Until then, adios.

Boy this has been hashed out time and time again with the same results, but I'll bite.

There is NO reason CMR/ASA should even consider concessions. Our companies are making RECORD profits, and to my knowledge neither airline has EVER lost money. The Delta crowd is keen to remind us that we are NOT a part of mainline--until the industry hit the crapper.

Most regional guys are living on cheese and crackers anway, which shoudl I concede??? Cheese?? or Crackers??

In my mind concessions are not even a question, I'll walk the picket line before I vote for concessions. I work too hard, for too little money, to even consider giving up what little crums I have.

I don't say this to offend anyone, it's just where I come out.

Caveman, well said. I myself was engaged with some disputes with "NYRANGERS". He is just trying to get a rise out of everyone. The funny thing is that you find over time that he is very contradicting about his comments. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

I just love it that are MEC's are so proactive and not sitting back letting mainline pilots have complete control. Kudos Comair and ASA MEC's.

I am glad to see our MEC's letting us know they have their gaurd up.

On a bit of a side note, I think all ASA and Comair pilots should stop calling our companies "Regionals", we are "National" airlines now according to the aviation textbooks for college.

public perception is a big factor when contracts go public,and I think if the public knew how much an ASA pilot was paid currently it would help the PR side, to show we are not greedy, just needy.

Say it with me: ASA and Comair are National airlines.

yessss!

Latest resources

Back