Yikes - I just bought a ticket on Trans-Meridian

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

surfnole

Orlando to Cancun and back for $480 for this 2 hour flight. All the majors are over $600. I could fly to Hawaii for that price.

I hate flying this airline, but it is a direct flight.

That is all. Any comments appreciated. I actually only put down $100 deposit.

Why do you hate flying this airline? And if you hate it that much, why did you buy a ticket on them? Apparently your hatred is exceeded by your desire to save $120.

I have never flown on TMA, but I have met several of their flight crews and flight attendants on overnights, and they seem like a good bunch... And they, like myself, really enjoy the free eats at the Super 8 in Toledo. :D

He bought the ticket for the same reason 99% of airline tickets are sold, price.People will complain about any carrier but price rules. That 120$ will buy him two nice dinners in CUN and that's the way people think.

I hate flying them because I have never heard of them. We bought two tickets and saved $240, but I never expected to pay more than $400 for this two hour flight. We purchased our lodging a long time ago, so backing out of this trip was not an option. They also fly direct, while everybody else stops.

If the price difference was $280 Trans-Meridian, $400 AA, I would probably have bought American, but we are already over our budget.

I'm worried that by flying a charter, a mechanical problem could strand us for days. As long as its in Cancun, I will have a good excuse to skip work :^). I'm also worried that they could go into bankruptcy.

So when you say you "hate flying this airline", you don't mean you have flown on them before and you hate doing it AGAIN. That is the impression I got from your first post.

Either way, I'm sure you'll be fine. This is not a one-plane outfit, and hey, you'll probably get to ride on a 727. Not many of those around anymore in pax service. :D

Get what you pay for...

This kind of thing drives me nuts! I had relatives that were upset because American got rid of the pillows on some of their flights... Later that night they were talking about how they are going to Phoenix for $150 each.

After Comair cancelled all the flights around the holidays the government said it would investigate why there were no redundant systens in place... You Get What You Pay For!

If you want to pay an extra $30 per ticket the airlines would be happy to keep extra aircraft in case of Mx issues. They could also afford to have extra Crew on reserve for sick calls and duty time issues. And they could even afford to have redundant computer systems.

When you pay for a circus, you get a circus.

Enjoy!

I've been left standing at the gate twice because of airline bankruptcies.
First one cost me a career job. Second one stranded me in LAS for an extra day.
If you absolutely positively have to get there......take the bus.

FWIW, TMA flew Kerry's 757 while he was running for president. If they were that bad, methinks they wouldn't have gone with that operator. Actually, the aircraft operator doesn't sell tickets for the flight, another broker/tour operator does. There's a lot of money involved with that charter, and you can bet there are financial penalties if the flight doesn't operate as contracted... Penalties the aircraft operator wants to avoid. The "danger" with charter operators is that they don't have any interline agreements with other carriers in case of an irregularity. Guess what? Neither does Southwest.

They are $120 cheaper because TMA pays f/o's $34,500 and requires a type rating. By the way they are hiring for a Feb class. B757 :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back