• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

YGBSM: Around the World in Columbia 400

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never fear, there are a group of pilots, not necessarily aviators, who tend to mock anyone who sets a goal and pursues a dream that inhabit this web forum like the plague. There is a reason why it takes a year to build a jetliner but only a few moments to destroy one. It is simply easier to tear down something than to build something. They think that if they tear down enough people, they will be elevated by standing on the pile.

Van,
In our meeting with Barrington I recall him saying that he had flown from Miami [Home FBO] to Daytona to address a group of students just prior to meeting us at Orlando Executive. He also said that his flight suit was due for an upgrade of some sort.;)
I know of several pilots who use flight suits..never thought they were dorky..
As to the chase plane...it should be noted that a Documentry of the World Tour is being produced and many of the entities involved are influencing a number of aspects of this project.
We have no problem with the posting of accurate information:cool:

Last edited:
Publishers said:
Never fear, there are a group of pilots, not necessarily aviators, who tend to mock anyone who sets a goal and pursues a dream that inhabit this web forum like the plague. There is a reason why it takes a year to build a jetliner but only a few moments to destroy one. It is simply easier to tear down something than to build something. They think that if they tear down enough people, they will be elevated by standing on the pile.

Well said...Them that can...Do! Them that can't...criticize them that Do!:laugh:

Van Hooydonk said:
Rev, it is my personal opinion that the flight suit is dorky. The guy is flying a Cirrus not an F18. Perhaps he could wear a polo shirt with the sponsors logos embroidered on it. I think the fact that he appears in many of the photos to be wearing the flight suit when he is nowhere near a plane, adds to the dork factor. I wonder how often Neil Armstrong wore his space suit, when hanging out back at the hanger or speaking to kids in school?
Well opinions are like belly buttons, everyone (human, that is) has one; innys, outties, clean, full of lint, etc. :D

Actually, most of the astronauts wear their flight suits when making public appearances, and Neil was certainly no different. Is it a bit "over the top?" Possibly, but then neither of us is the one chosing to wear it. I'm certain that there are those in this world who think my clerical collar is "dorky." Thankfully, I no longer have to wear a biretta with pom-pom, 'cause to me that truly was dorky! :laugh:

Van Hooydonk said:
Lastly, regarding the posts that you allege Paul "brazenly copied"; he did not claim them to be his own work and he did make an honest attempt to attribute them to the source he obtained them from. I am quite confident this falls within the "fair use" provisions protecting freedom of speach and that Paul has done absolutely nothing wrong in copying them without your express permission.
I honestly don't have a problem with the copying of my orginal post, because it did in fact provide useful background information and bona fide sources in the form of links. In fact, I daresay that this actually weakens the OP's position, and so...

I thank him for it! :beer:

Rev. Fr. Bill+

Last edited:
I'm not going to argue with the Man from Effingham and the Hoosier, because they have other interests in Barrington Irving besides supporting his around the world flight.

I got my point across, everybody is sick of pushing the race card, unless of course you are profiting from it.

(edit, I know you're looking, and I know you're angry, and I know this thread won't be deleted because you aren't a sponsor here, sux donut?)

Last edited:
Metro752 said:
I'm not going to argue with the Man from Effingham and the Hoosier, because they have other interests in Barrington Irving besides supporting his around the world flight.

I got my point across, everybody is sick of pushing the race card, unless of course you are profiting from it.

We saw that your posts along these lines were deleted in another public forum. We have it on good authority that you had crossed the line on your own racist point of view in that forum.

Perhaps you would like to reread your own posts and examine whether you may have a touch of racism that you need to deal with;)

Yeah, let me tell you, I am the biggest racist ever born, and if you look through all my posts here, you can surely see that I hate everyone!

Especially rednecks from corn country!

Racist? Nah. Microcephalic midget? Certainly.

Yep, you sure let everyone know that you're the south bound end of a northbound mule alright...

Metro752 said:
Yeah, let me tell you, I am the biggest racist ever born, and if you look through all my posts here, you can surely see that I hate everyone!

Especially rednecks from corn country!

It's a shame that a reasonable person like yourself would choose to attack or accuse someone that you have never met. Perhaps a less strident or accusatory attitude would serve you best;)

AC560 said:
He is a Jamaican citizen (it states in the article he is a Jamaican national which implies citizenship) equal an African American? Shouldn't he be a African Jamaican?
Morons-- Jamaica is in the Americas

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back